Your Big Sister Is The Most Important Person In Your Life And Here's Why

It seems you have a lot to thank her for.
3

Your big sister is your best defender, closest consultant, Starbucks buddy and wing man when the cutie from your com class is planning to be at the bar tonight. And you obviously know this because you may have "stumbled" upon his Snapchat story that day –– or twice.

She's been there from the beginning and can remember every vivid detail of you growing up. Better yet if you're mean to her, she can easily blackmail you with baby photos that are casually hiding in her iPhone's photo gallery.

It's like having an older best friend who will do anything and everything with you no matter what. Feeling a Wawa run at 11 p.m.? She's already got the keys ready. Need a last minute dress for formal tomorrow night? She's rummaging through her closet scrambling an outfit together for you. And of course if that doesn't work, she's driving you to the mall.

She's been through everything already, so she can literally help you solve anything. Applying for colleges. Friendship issues. The best ways to find internships. Even the dreaded first break ups. She's been through it all. And the best part is that she's already broken in your parents. So that time you decided to sneak out the back door at midnight to meet your friends at the power house for a little "innocent fun" doesn't even phase your parents compared to her constant party phase in high school.

Besides being your right hand man through nearly everything, she won't ever judge you. You can unwind after class, come home and take off your mask. Be yourself truly. And she will love you unconditionally for it. In fact, you make a point to arrange sister nights every week with Netflix, snacks, a huge array of the unhealthiest food, face masks and pj's because you know you can be open and true and also get in solid gossip time.

Most importantly, she's your biggest supporter. She's already been through the phase of being lost and figuring out what the heck to do with life so when you're stumbling along trying to find your way she's there for you. Decided to take a gap year after college and travel the world? She'll probably strap on a back pack too and join you. Feel like trying that music career no one else supports? She'll be front row at open mic night. It doesn't matter who you become or how many times you change your mind on a passion. She will understand and love you through it all.

I don't know about you but all this sister talk really makes me miss mine. It's essential to ensure that your big sis know's she's appreciated. She's done so much for you already.

It seems I have a phone call to make, and so do you.