A Thank You Letter To My Big Sister

A Thank You Letter To My Big Sister

Thank you for being the best friend I have ever had.

1905
Caroline Cook

Dear Big Sis,

Thank you. Thank you for being the light in my life since the day I was born. It couldn't have been easy to go from being an only child with the most attention to having to share it all with a random baby. However, from what I've heard, you welcomed me in with open arms.

Thank you for being there to support me through everything. You were my number one fan at my very first game, the first person to congratulate me for getting accepted into college, the one to comfort me during boy troubles, and the one who never let me feel alone. Everything I have ever accomplished has never gone unnoticed by you. Even the simplest things such as me getting an A on an exam is a big deal to you. I wouldn't have the confidence to be able to do the things I do without you.

Thank you for including me. Throughout my whole life, I was always "the litter sister to tag along". Instead of you hating me for that, you included me instead. You let me in all of the girl gossip you and your friends were talking about. You let me participate in the sleepovers and the fun outings y’all went on! You have put up with having a little sister for so long now and I couldn’t be more thankful... I honestly don’t know how I could have dealt with someone like me always trying to shadow your every move.

Thank you for all of the advice. The wise words of wisdom you share with me come from your own experiences. You were the first to go through everything such as; bringing a boy home, having a curfew, learning to drive, moving away etc. You give me advice that you know will help me in the long run. You look out for me and always reassure me with a little bit of guidance every once in a while. Even when I act like I’m not listening and don’t care about what you’re telling me, I do. I take every piece of advice seriously and with great appreciation. It’s good to know that I have someone who cares for me no matter what stupid decisions I make.

Thank you for being the best friend I have ever had. We fight, we laugh, and we cry... but we stick together no matter what. We can dance with our crazy unattractive moves, sing in the car to throwback songs, and even just lay in bed and watch a movie. No matter what we’re doing, we both make the best of it. Having you as a sister is the coolest thing because I get to have you during family events AND around friends! You’re my sister but you’re the best friend I have ever had and will ever have! I love you forever and always!

Sincerely,

Your little sis