‘Big Little Lies’ By Liane Moriarty Is Worth All The Hype

"Big Little Lies" is a darkly comedic tale in all the best ways.

8

"Big Little Lies" is a story about families, lies, and murder… Or was it an accident?

Someone is dead, and that is indisputable. Five women on different paths come together in a shocking situation. Madeline is a force - she is funny, passionate, and biting. She will remember the littlest thing and won't forgive it. Celeste is extremely beautiful; the world will stop in its tracks to look but she has a secret that pays the price for her illusion of perfection.

Jane is new in town and comes from a mysterious past with a sadness that's beyond her years. Jane is the youngest, so young that another mother mistakes her for a nanny. As a single mother, Jane befriends Madeline as Celeste as they are members of the elite mothers of the school where their children go. This story is beautiful, encapsulating ex-husbands, second wives, mothers, daughters, schoolyard scandals, and the little lies that can become undoing.

The HBO Series has a 89% Rotten Tomatoes score, and it's an award winner.

Like all adaptations, there are differences. However, it works perfectly with "Big Little Lies". The setting did change from the book. Instead of the Australian Coast, it's the picturesque Monterey, California.

The cast is wonderful with lead actresses such as Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Zoë Kravitz, Laura Dern, and Meryl Streep. This novel is a part of the Hello Sunshine Book Club. The Hello Sunshine media company, founded by Reese Witherspoon, promises to be excellent in its truthful adaptation of popular novels. I wrote a lot about these picks because a lot of them are going to turn into films or mini-series.

"Big Little Lies" is a darkly comedic tale.

The "perfect" lives of the doting moms, successful husbands, and beautiful children in their stunning homes hide the community fueled by rumors and lies. These lies expose fractured relationships between the whole community, with the story being primarily told through the eyes of Madeline, Celeste, and Jane the narrative explores what it takes to be "perfect".