How The Big Bang Theory Relates To Summer Employment

New scientific finding about the Big Bang Theory!

364
Movie Pilot

When you work 40+ hours per week at a summer job or internship, it’s rough. You long for road trips, late night adventures, or just a lot of sleep during your summer. The paychecks are quite nice to have, though. The following GIFs describe what it's like during a summer internship or job, as told by the cast of "The Big Bang Theory."

1. Trying to show employers how qualified you are:

Nothing speaks "I need job experience" like having little to no job experience, am I right?

2. Getting turned down for a job:

When you just can't seem to be selected for a position, you mourn the loss of any prospect of a steady summer paycheck.

3. Finally getting the job you wanted:

It feels great to get something for which you've really tried, especially when you know it'll help you roll in the dough this summer.

4. Waking up early:

The work week requires an early start for most, but no matter how common it is, waking up "in the middle of the night" still sucks.

5. Settling in at work:

When you have a spot, you have a spot.

6. Turning down summer adventures because you're just too darn tired:

You yearn for the road trips, late night adventures, and music festivals of summer, but you yearn for the fluffy embrace of your bed even more so.

7. Making connections with coworkers:

You're likely in a different kind of environment than you are while in school, so calculated social skills come in handy (only if you want them to).

8. PAYDAYS:

Oh direct deposit, thou art a sweet reward for hard work.

9. Not wanting to leave your summer job:

You have come to realize that you love your summer job, no matter what, and that it'll be tough returning to school in the fall. Summer positions may be temporary, but the connections you make on the job never will be.

10. Saying goodbye to all the lovely people you worked with this summer:

Saying goodbye to all your coworkers, friends, and colleagues you have connected with is tough. However, you know that your summer never would have been the same without them. Hopefully you won't have to say goodbye, though, only, "See you later."