Bible Verses To Guide The Struggling College Student

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." – Philippians 4:13

292
Unashamed Impact Blog

College is often described as the best four years of your life, but it's four years that consist of distraction, stress and anxiety, overwhelming activities, sleepless nights, confusion and frustration, insecurities, loneliness, or any sort of struggles in general. Each student is destined to come across one of these struggles in their four years at college, and it will affect their well-being one way or another. The Bible may not have all the answers, but it consists of wise words to guide you through tough times and lead you to the answers you may be looking for. These wise words are known as Bible verses, and many of them can help guide each college student to overcome their struggles and enjoy the best four years of their life.

For the student struggling with insecurity:

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will." -- Romans 12:2

"But the Lord said to Samuel, Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." -- 1 Samuel 16:7

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." -- Deuteronomy 31:8

For the student struggling with loneliness:

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." -- Psalm 147:3

"One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." -- Proverbs 18:24

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land." -- Psalm 68:5-6

For the student struggling with confusion and frustration:

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you." -- John 14:26

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." -- Hebrews 13:8

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." -- Matthew 7:7

For the student struggling with anger:

"A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel." -- Proverbs 15:8

"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires." -- James 1:19-20

"Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end." -- Proverbs 29:11

For the student struggling with peer pressure:

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry." -- 1 Corinthians 10:13-14

"Do not enter the path if the wicked, and do not walk the way of evil. Avoid it; do not go on it; turn away from it and pass on." -- Proverbs 4:14-15

"Do not be deceived: Bad company ruins good morals." -- 1 Corinthians 15:33

For the student struggling with stress and anxiety:

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." -- John 14:27

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." -- Philippians 4:6

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" -- Matthew 11:28