Bible Verses To Get You Through Any Situation

Whether you are in need of strength or are feeling anxious or discouraged, the Bible is a great resource for advice.

7887
Divine Copine

At a time when I thought I had everything figured out, life moved faster than I could keep up and I fell far behind. Before I knew it, I was watching my friends succeed in their lives and move forward—they were getting amazing internships relating to their chosen major, they were taking on leadership positions in their extracurricular activities, they were getting promotions at their job, and they were happy—whereas I kept falling farther behind. In one year, I changed my major a handful of times, I quit my job, and I failed a class. While everyone I knew was succeeding, I felt more lost than ever and I didn't know who I was or what I really wanted in life.

I had never been very religious, but I eventually sought after God like so many people I knew because I didn't know what else to do; they exhibited this joy that I wanted to experience so deeply I won't get into details, but I eventually found my way back and realized that everything I had been so worried about didn't matter as much as I thought. I soon learned that advice for every struggle I had encountered could be found in the Bible.

While I can't say I have everything figured out and have my life together, I can say that the Bible is an entire book of advice at my fingertips, and it's a great resource every time I am confused about something or don't know how to handle a situation. Below, I have included some of my favorite verses for any situation you may encounter.

*Side Note* I believe that everyone has the right and the privilege to believe in whatever or whoever they want, however, I have found the Bible to be an amazing resource.

When You Feel Anxious

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take."

1 Peter 5:6-7

"So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time He will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you."

James 1:5

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking."

When You Feel Hopeless

Jeremiah 29:11-13

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you," says the Lord.

Isaiah 41:10

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

Psalms 34:17-20

"The Lord hears His people when they call to Him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those who spirits are crushed. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken."

When You Feel Discouraged

Matthew 11:28

"Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry burdens, and I will give you rest.'"

Philippians 4:19

"And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."

Joshua 1:9

"This is my command–be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discourage. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Mark 10:27

"Jesus looked at them intently and said, 'Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God."

When You Feel Unloved

1 Samuel 12:21-22

"Don't go back to worshiping worthless idols that cannot help or rescue you–they are totally useless! The Lord will not abandon His people, because that would dishonor his great name. For it has pleased the Lord to make you His very own people."

John 3:16-17

"For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. His sent His Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him."

Zephaniah 3:17

"For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with your gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears, He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."

Romans 5:8

"But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners."

Ephesians 2:4-5

"But God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!)"

When You Feel Lonely

Romans 5:11

"So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God."

Deuteronomy 31:8

"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail you nor abandon you."

Psalms 18:6

"But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from His sanctuary; my cry to Him reached His ears."

When You Are Contemplating Forgiveness

Colossians 3:13

"Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others."

Ephesians 4:31-32

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."

When You Need Strength

Philippians 4:13

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Psalms 34:4-6

"I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; He saved me from all my troubles."

2 Corinthians 12:9

"Each time He said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."

When You Need To Be Reminded Why You Started Following God

Isaiah 40:28-31

"Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of His understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

2 Corinthians 4:18

"So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever."

1 John 5:13

"I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life."

Ephesians 2:8-9

"For it is by by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from ourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast."

Galatians 5:22-23

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.