bible-verses-comfort
Religion

Bible Verses To Bring You Comfort

When times get tough and are stressful, here are some bible verses that can help.

379
Bible Verses To Bring You Comfort
Photo by Jonathan Meyer from Pexels

As a typical, insanely stressed out college student, I know that it is that point in the year that everything seems to hit you at once. The stress and anxiety from school and other things going on in my personal life sometimes just make me want to curl up in a ball and pretend it will all just solve itself. Unfortunately, this doesn't work. I have found that the only comfort I get during all of this is from God. Reading a bible verse everyday when I am at the point of wanting to quit, brings me peace and helps me continue on.

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you." Isaiah 43:2

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." Psalm 94:19

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit"

Psalm 34:18

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

I hope that you can read each of these verses and feel comforted by the One that truly loves and cares for you. Pray to God about anything and everything because I promise, He is listening. He is there to take care of everything and His support and love are never ending. He will always be there for you, no matter what. Times might be tough right now but always remember that stress isn't permanent but God is.