Jesus is The Reason For The Season.
During the holiday season, it is easy to get overwhelmed or stressed about finances, buying gifts, having relatives in town, or figuring out how you're going to get everything in your busy schedule accomplished. However, It is important to remember the true meaning of Christmas; that our sinful souls were Saved by God's only son; that our Savior was born on this day to rescue us.
It is a time to remember the blessings God has given to us, and the love He shown, us. It is a time to take a break from the regular routines of our daily lives, and remember and worship Him. What better way to do that than through scripture?
Here are 13 Bible verses that remind us of the true meaning of Christmas:
1. Isaiah 9:6For to us a child is born, to usa son is given; and the government shall beuponhis shoulder, and his name shall be called WonderfulCounselor,Mighty God,EverlastingFather, Prince ofPeace.
2. Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
3. Philippians 2:8-10And being found in human form, he humbled himself bybecoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.ThereforeGod hashighly exalted him and bestowed on himthe name that is above every name,so that at the name of Jesusevery knee should bow,in heaven and on earth and under the earth.
4. Matthew 1:21She will bear a son, andyou shall call his name Jesus,for he will save his people from their sins.
5. Romans 6:23For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
6. Matthew 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).
7. James 1:17Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down fromthe Father of lightswith whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
8. Luke 1:30-31And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, foryou have found favor with God.And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, andyou shall call his name Jesus.
9. 2 Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
10. Romans 15:13May the God of hope fill you with alljoy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
11. Luke 2:11Forunto you is born this day inthe city of Davida Savior, who isChristthe Lord.
12. Matthew 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
13. 1 Timothy 6:17Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy.
May the Blessings of Christmas be with you today, and always.