Bible Verses For The Weary College Student

Here are a few verses to help you get through your hectic day.

22
Corey Turner

It's that time of the semester again. The syllabus week is gone and now assignments are due. Essays, readings, discussion questions, presentations — the homework is endless. It is quite easy to get overwhelmed, especially when you have an essay to write, a novel to read, and discussion questions to contemplate. With so much on your plate it can be quite easy to forget that God has your back.

My favorite book of the New Testament is Philippians. Paul was writing to the church of Philippi and was giving them such encouragement. I have passages from this book memorized and I have found this book to be immensely comforting. I like to read from The Message translation because of its straightforwardness. Some verses from book four will definitely help the frazzled college student take a deep breath.

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." (Philippians 4:6-8)

"Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." (Philippians 4:13)

Another verse that I positively love comes from the Old Testament book of Jeremiah. It really reminds me that God has a plan and there is no need to fret, a perfect verse for the worried college student.

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." (Jeremiah 29:11)

I hope these verses can give you comfort and hope, just like they have given me.