Bible Verses For The Anxious Heart

Bible Verses For The Anxious Heart

The best cure for anyone who has an anxious heart is always scripture.

43
Bible Verses For The Anxious Heart
Living Word Fellowship

Let's face it: we all are anxious people.

No matter where are our anxieties lay, we all have them and affect us in some way or another. Personally, a heavy fault of mine lies on not casting my anxieties onto our Lord and trying to bear the burden myself. Do I do it on purpose or do I think the Lord can't handle my anxieties? No, but I find it hard in time of stress, to first and foremost, give it to the Lord.

To help me get over that hump of admitting and kneeling down before Jesus and saying, "I'm struggling, I can't do it on my own," I turn to scripture to rely on and guide me through periods of stress and anxiety and to know that the Lord is with me wherever I go and whatever I face.

1. Philippians 4:6-7

6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I LOVE this verse. Just the verse six alone is perfect. Paul in this verse literally tells us that all of our anxieties and fears should be shared to God through prayer and not to be worried about. Through this prayer we will be able to be filled with peace from God because we know the truth that Jesus is protecting our hearts and minds.

2. Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

A lot of my anxiety comes from what my life should consist of and what I want for my future. This is my favorite verse to remind myself that the Lord's will will indeed be done, no matter of my anxieties over it. This verse reminds me that the Lord’s will for me is only filled with good things for He is only good. Through His will I will only have hope and prosper in my future.

3. Romans 8:18

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

When I go through periods of anxiety and stress, I can never see past it. I feel stuck in the thought that I will never get out of the tiring cycle. Though in this life I struggle and suffer, the glory that I will see when I meet the Lord doesn’t even compare to a whole lifetime of suffering. This verse shows me that my anxieties don’t even compare to the joy I will have when the Lord is revealed to me.

4. Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Guys, reread this. Our amazing, awesome God is ALWAYS with us and with our God we have no need to fear or worry. Our God will not let us fail, through our trials He will only make us stronger and be there every step of the way. If our God is for us, what do we have to fear or worry about?

5. Matthew 6:27

27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

I find this verse, personally, very convicting. I worry so much when I should be giving it to God and trusting Him. When I think about all the days that I’ve wasted frozen in anxiety, I realize that it’s not going to help me. Worrying doesn’t add hours to my life, it only takes and wastes them. We have no need to worry when the Creator of the universe is for you and loves you more than you could ever comprehend.

The God of the Universe is and will always be with you, whether you've been following with Him for years or not at all. He will take care of us in times of trials and anxiety; we just have to say "yes" and believe in His awesome and amazing power.