Bible Verses For The College Student In Need

"But who ever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm." - Proverbs 1:33

23
National Presbyterian Church

For the average college student, these years of our lives are fun, but there is no shortage of chaos, sadness, stress, and anger. As followers of Christ, we can turn to the Bible, to the book that God had written for all his children, past, present and future. In this book are his words to us, reminders to have faith, to be strong, to stay calm, to trust. God presents us with the opportunity to live our lives, to grow and develop, and honor him while we do so. In the pages of the Bible, God reminds us of these things, sending us a message to turn to when we find ourselves in need. God has handed us his word in a book we can hold forever. What do you need to hear?

When you need strength
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31
When you need reassurance
"The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom should I be afraid?" - Psalm 27:1

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you 'Do not fear; I will help you.'" - Isaiah 41:13
When you need peace
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in hear, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11: 28-30

"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
When you need guidance
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

"The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." - Isaiah 58:11
When you need hope
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

"In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever." - Daniel 2:44
When you need consistency
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." - James 1:17

"In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. Like clothing you will change them and they will be discarded. But you remain the same, and your years will never end." - Psalm 102:25-27
When you need forgiveness
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all righteousness." - 1 John 1:9

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." - Colossians 1:13-14
When you need healing
"Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave." - Psalm 107:19-20

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." - Revelation 21:4
When you need love
"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - is is by grace you have been saved." - Ephesians 2:4-5

"The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing." - Zephaniah 3:17

It doesn't end here either. There are thousands of words written in red in the pages of the Bible, words from God reminding us that He can bring us strength, reassurance, peace, guidance, hope, consistency, forgiveness, healing, love and so much more. Whatever you need, whatever you're searching for, God will provide for you as he has promised.

You just need to know where to look.