Bible Verses When You Them

Bible Verses When You Them

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong - 1 Corinthians 16:13

36
Bible Verses When You Them

No matter where you are in life, it's important to do a little reflecting and remember that God is always there for you. It doesn't matter if you're going through a tough week with school/work, having relationship/family issues, or if everything is going fine. Here are a few verses that offer words of encouragement for when you need them the most.

Motivation/ Strength

1. "For I know the plans I have for you,", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

2. So do not fear, I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10

3. I can do all all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13

4. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. - Isaiah 40:29

5. My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. - Psalm 119:28

6. But you, LORD, do not be far from me. Your are my strength; come quickly to help me. - Psalm 22:19

7. The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. - Psalm 118:14

8. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - 2 Corinthians 12:10

Family/ Friendship

9. We love because he loved us first. - 1 John 4:19

10. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. - Colossians 3:13

11. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. - Exodus 20:12

12. Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character. - 1 Corinthians 15:33

13. Do to others as you would have them do to you. - Luke 6:31

14. One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. - Proverbs 18:24

15. Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared. - Proverbs 22:24-25

16. Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm. - Proverbs 13:20

17. The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray. - Proverbs 12:26

18. Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. - Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

19. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. - Ephesians 4:2-3

20. Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. - Philippians 2:4

21. Love is patient, love is kind. -1 Corinthians 13:4

22. Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life. - Proverbs 4:23

23. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. - Proverbs 31:30

Anger

24. My fear brother and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desired. - James 1:19-20

25. Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end. - Proverbs 29:11

26. A person's wisdom yields patience; it is to one's glory to overlook an offense. - Proverbs 19:11

27. A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel. - Proverbs 15:18

28. Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered. - Proverbs 22:24

29. Whoever is patient has a great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly. - Proverbs 14:29