Beware The Barrenness Of A Busy Life – Socrates

Value quality over quantity, simplicity over complexity.

4720
google

Many of us are busy. Busy trying to get through the day, week, semester, even year. We rush through everything, not taking a moment to enjoy life.

But what are we so busy doing? Are we even accomplishing anything?

We live in a society where everyone is trying to make a living, that we often forget to live the life we have created for ourselves. We are often amazed by how fast weeks go by. It's not until the holidays have passed that we stop and think, "wow, this year went by so fast". When we try to think about the time passed, we lose track of how we spent each day. The moments we lived turn into blurry memories -- just another day crossed off of the calendar.

But what if we could change this fast paced lifestyle? What if we could go to bed every night, without any regrets of how we spent the day?

Let's slow down time, and make the most of every minute we have. Here are six simple steps to a life filled with happiness and joy, without regrets.

1. Make Your Happiness A Priority

This seems easy, but most of the time we never get the chance to do what makes us happy. Self-love is not selfish, but necessary. Make time for yourself, allow yourself to grow, and follow your inner passions. Take a deep breath, relax, and destress.

2. Wake Up Earlier

If you're like me, this may require you to set a million alarms but is definitely worth it. By waking up earlier, you give yourself the time to figure out your schedule for the day. You can wake up and have a soothing cup of coffee to clear your mind and prepare what lies ahead.

3. Spend Less Time On Social Media

I cannot stress this enough. I understand with advanced technology and with everyone posting their every move, why wouldn't we want to be all over social media? But what good does checking your Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook do for you? Instead of wasting time watching other people live their lives, you could be out living yours.

4. Build Real Relationships

Surround yourself with people who make you a better person. Have relationships that are filled with compassion, support, and love. Real relationships are ones that have meaningful conversations, depth, and positivity. Real relationships are rare, so put in the time and effort to never lose them.

5. Never Settle

In life, you will be handed opportunities. Opportunities that will open new doors and take you on new adventures. But, with every opportunity, pick the one that you value most. Don't just take something because it's easy, challenge yourself and work for it. The things you work the most for, mean the most to you in the end.

6. Take Chances

Stop fearing life, instead go out and live it! Take risks so you'll never live with regret. Be spontaneous, courageous, and adventurous. Put effort into everything you do. Many of us are so afraid of failure that we don't even try. In many situations we find our ourselves giving up, without ever knowing what could have been. But there is no greater failure than not knowing.