The Best Things Come When You Least Expect Them

When God gives you the person you've been praying for.

157

I remember the exact moment.

It was the summer after my sophomore year. Two of my best friends and I were sitting on our friend's bed discussing our hopes for the year to come. Junior year meant big things were going to happen... the world was our oyster.

This night specifically, we were discussing what we wanted our friendships to look like in the coming year. While I had so many bright and lively friendships already, I knew that there was something missing. Both of my friends prayed over me that night, knowing that I needed someone who would push me, encourage me, and love on me when I needed it.

Sorority recruitment was right around the corner, and I had a feeling that something great was to come from it.

As time passed in the coming weeks, I was told numerous times that there was a new member in my sorority that I had to meet. Time after time I heard, "Emilee shes just like you, you have to meet her".

So, I went out on a limb, texted the mystery girl, and asked her to come to hang out at my house and chat. Little did I know that that conversation on my old, worn out couch would change my life for the better, indefinitely.

I found a friend who shares the same disposition as me, loves fashion just as much, if not more than I do, and loves people so deeply, and without judgment.

God knew I needed someone just like her in my life, and man oh man did He exceed my expectations.

From spring break trips to Scarowinds every year, and everything in between, I have been blessed with a friendship I never in a million years saw coming.

You see, that's the thing about life.

The most beautiful moments happen when you least expect them to.