An Open Letter To My Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Best Friend

You've been through it all with me.

6
An Open Letter To My Best Friend
Jenell Villarreal

Dear Best Friend,

Remember the endless amount of laughs we've shared?

Remember the time we just laid down on your floor, just laughing at nothing until our stomachs were cramping up? Remember the road trip back home when, the now inside joke, about Samantha came about? Remember the many times after school or softball practice we'd go back to your house, and I'd beg you to let me watch Grey's Anatomy? Remember that middle school crush you had on that guy with the Justin Bieber haircut, and we'd always call you by his name? Remember the many late and long nights we've had, when we were supposed to be getting sleep for our games the next day?

You've been there for me, through the biggest moments of my life. You were there for me when I lost my grandma, for when we found out about Coach Marti. You're the one person I can count on the most. You've showed me love even when we've gotten into really bad fights. You were there for me, even after some of the dumb decisions I've made in my life. You give me advice, even when you know that sometimes I don't end up taking it. You've loved me unconditionally. You've accepted me for everything I come with; for my weird personality, my awkwardness, and for my crazy self. We've been through bad and good relationships with guys, together. Heck, we've been through that one crazy ex of yours!

The world is full of many, many people. You meant some good people from time to time, but you rarely meet a person that will just completely change your life and become basically your person. We've been through quite some stuff together, but when it comes down to it, you're the Cristina Yang to my Meredith Grey. Now that I think about it, I probably to tell you how grateful and thankful I am for you, enough. So, I feel like it's about time that I do exactly that. However, there are just not enough words in the world for me to be able to begin to explain how much you mean to me. But, this here is my attempt of that. Throughout your life, you meet at least one or two people that change your life. Well, for me, that was you. You've made such a huge impact on my life. You've helped me get through my moments of darkness, to see the light there is all around us. You've help me stay on the right path. One thing I love about you is that you tell me how it is, and you don't sugarcoat anything. I'm not one to be sentimental at all, but when I am you know exactly what to do to calm me down, which no one really knows other than you. You've help me calm down from many breakdowns that I've had, without you, I honestly don't know what would've happened. When I'm having trouble, you know exactly when to step in or lay off. You're the only person that knows me better than I know myself.

We've grown up being only a few minutes away from each other, the moment we graduated I had a slight fear that things would change between us due to college, and being like 6 hours away from each other. Instead, we've been just as close as we were before college started. Even though we may not talk every day due to lack of time, we always end up talking like we've never even stopped. I must admit though, sometimes I miss your voice and face, so I try and FaceTime you like a few times a month.

There's a lot of things that I've never actually sat down with you and thanked you for. So, just to name a few; thank you for listening to me complain about literally anything and everything, thank you for being my Dr. Phil, thank you for becoming the sister I've always longed for, thank you for supporting me when I knew most people wouldn't, thank you for never judging me for the way I am, thank you for listening to my dumb relationship problems, thank you for providing me with food and sonic drinks all throughout high school, thank you for being my partner in crime. And last but not least, thank you for always caring and loving me, even when I wasn't a not so loving person. You've been such a huge and important blessing in my life, that I will always and forever be grateful for. So if/when you read this, just know that... I will always love you, not matter what!

Sincerely,

Your Best Friend