The Best Song Off Of Every 5 Seconds Of Summer Album

Yet again I have tasked myself into doing the impossible.

222

If you love 5SOS as much as I do, see if you agree with the best song (in my opinion) from each of their albums.

1. 5 Seconds Of Summer- "Amnesia"

This song is a huge reason why my 13-year-old self fell in love with 5 Seconds of Summer. This is a song I'm sure many other artists are mad they can't call it their own. The lyrics are straight forward yet make the song even more impactful. The idea of being in so much pain that you don't want to remember a certain situation is such a relatable thing. I think this song, along with the rest of this album, really laid a path to what this band was going to become.

2. Sounds Good Feels Good- "​Outer Space / Carry On"

They really gave a good variety of music on this album. They did a really good job of meshing vulnerable songs and upbeat songs together to make their sophomore album a total banger. Choosing just one song from the album was very tough. I eventually settled on "Outer Space/ Carry on" due to the flawless production, creative execution, and overall feeling of the song. It is just such a cool concept of meshing two different songs into one track. The production on this song specifically, just adds to the unique aspects of this song.

3. Youngblood- "Ghost of You"

This album was the turning point of the band. I think you can just hear the maturity of each individual member throughout this album. with three years in between this album and the last one, growth definitely happen. This song is just a really real representation of what it's like to not be with someone you're so used to being with. The instrumentals help escalate the song with such grace. The lyrics are really raw and don't require interpretation or deep thought which is really nice because it doesn't take away from the song.

4. CALM- "​High"

This latest album is very good, so it made this choice very hard. I think this song showcases each of the band's best qualities very well. It is very strong lyrically, vulnerable without being sappy, along with a unique composition. It was really cool to listen to this very vulnerable song about heartbreak compared to "Amnesia" from their first album. The strongest aspects of the band have gotten stronger throughout the years and listening to this song makes that very evident.

If you liked this article, make sure to follow my Spotify for more music.