10 Of The Best Places To Study' On MTSU's Campus

10 Of The Best Places To Cry... Uh, I Mean, 'Study' On MTSU's Campus

Happy end of classes!

271

Studying in your room can get really boring and tiring. Research shows that when you study in your bed, it can keep you from sleeping because you now associate your bed with studying. In my case my body just wants to take a nap during homework because I associate it with sleep.

I am one of those people that obsesses more about where I study and what color pens I use than the actual studying, therefore I have put a lot of thought into the best places on campus to grind out your homework.

1. The Library (had to get this one out of the way first).

Obviously, the library is a great place to study with countless computer labs, reservable study rooms with computers and whiteboards, group tables, cubicles, couches, and many more options for any type of study location you can think of.

2. The Student Union. 

Specifically, upstairs on the second and third floors, there are comfy chairs for studying. It is super calm and a great place to focus in on your work.

3. The New Science Building.

In the hallways of The New Science Building, there are cubes where the walls are whiteboards. It's a cozy place to brainstorm for a group project or write notes.

4. Wiser-Patten Science Building.

When you walk into the side entrance that leads to the Wiser-Patten side of the old science building, there is a cute little study area. It is always super quiet in there with booth seating, table seating, and bar top seating. Plus, it is equipped with vending machines for some brain food.

5. Peck Hall study rooms.

Okay, I didn't know this existed until like last week, but even though Peck Hall is kind of like a prison, there are little quiet study rooms on each floor that seem like a cozy, quiet place to study.

6. The Bragg.

Home sweet home, the Bragg is a great place to study. On the first floor, there are tables for group studying. On the second floor, there are couches in front of big beautiful windows so you can study with some natural light.

7. The College of Education. 

The COE has that center area with booth seating that is cozy for a good study. The building is fairly new so it is updated and cute. It is also a good place to meet up for a group study session.

8. The KUC.

If you can study with a lot of noise then the KUC is a good place for you. You can grab some Chickfila or Pizza Hut, settle down in a booth, or hang in the couch area. It is an especially good place outside of meal hours.

9. The BAS computer lab. 

This lab is supposed to only be for business students, but it's a great place to work especially if you don't have your own computer.

10. Dorm study rooms.

If you live on campus, in some buildings each floor has a study room, and if not every complex has a computer lab. Sometimes they're shitty, but it's a quiet place to work on a computer or print something out, and a great place to meet friends in your complex for a study session.