10 Places I Can't Wait To Visit

10 Places I Can't Wait To Visit

I love that travel in Europe is so much cheaper than here in the U.S. and it makes exploring that much easier.

136
10 Places I Can't Wait To Visit
Lizzie Bartels

We all have places on our bucket list we can't wait to one day visit. I am lucky enough to be able to study abroad my junior year and I hope that while I'm abroad I am able to knock most of these off of my list. I love that travel in Europe is so much cheaper than here in the US and it makes exploring that much easier. All of the countries are relatively close together yet have so much to offer. Here are a few places whose culture I can't wait to experience.

1. The Netherlands

I am studying abroad my junior year of 2020 and there are so many beautiful places in the Netherlands I'm excited to see. The Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam is one of the first places I'm going to visit when I study abroad. Van Gogh was such an incredible artist and getting the opportunity to view his work up close is an experience I know I'll never forget. Not to mention all of the colorful architecture in the Netherlands and canals. The historic museums in this area will also be interesting to immerse myself in the history of the area. Not to forget the tulip fields.

2. France

France has always intrigued me from the Louvre and Eiffel Tower to the viewing of the Mona Lisa painting up close. I can just imagine myself sitting outside one of the French restaurants sipping coffee and reading a book or writing. Also, the fashion aspect of France is something I've always looked forward to experiencing. When I was little my best friend and I had plans to move to France together and because she has a dual citizenship we told each other we would get married there just so we can live there together. Ahh, memories.

3. Italy

Have you SEEN photos of canals in Venice? I absolutely love the vibrancy of the architecture, and how historic the country is. The Colosseum and the leaning tower of Pisa are definitely on my must visit list, along with Cinque Terre.

4. Greece

I think this photo explains itself. The water, the ancient history, what's not to love?

5. England

I would love to experience a Broadway show in London, Buckingham Palace, and of course Big Ben. Visiting the Stonehenge is also on my to do list.

6. Egypt

The Great Sphinx, Pyramid of Giza, all of the ancient attractions are an absolute must-see for me.

7. Germany

I'm interested in seeing how well I can navigate Germany considering the few words I can speak in German. But the country is full of history and museums and I'm very excited to explore all it has to offer.

8. Austria

All of the mountains and castles are absolutely awe inspiring. I've been skiing once before and I was absolutely atrocious but maybe I'll try again in this beautiful place.

9. Ireland

Maybe I will learn something about my Irish heritage while visiting some of the quaint Irish towns and Pubs.

10. Barcelona, Spain

The Picasso museum is an absolute must along with visiting the beautiful cathedrals and their stained glass. I don't know much about Spain and I would love to get to know more about this country and its attractions.

All of these places are filled with so much incredible architecture and history. Being alone while traveling in a foreign country is going to be a bit terrifying but getting to experience the different culture and the ability to immerse myself in a diverse environment will be entirely worth it.