8 Free Phone Apps Your Mental Health Will Thank You For
Politics

The Best Apps To Improve Your Overall Well Being.

151

Over 48 million adults in the United States are faced with a mental health condition each year. Those who deal severe mental illnesses are more likely to die 25 years earlier and are likely to face chronic medical conditions. Although exercising and eating a healthy diet can improve your overall well-being, there are additional ways to dramatically reduce anxiety, depression, and stress. Medical News Today has conducted a list of the top phone apps that can help you thrive and enhance your mental state.

1. Calm 

Calm is the #1 app for meditation and mindfulness. Enjoy 100+ guided meditations to help you manage anxiety, lower stress, and sleep better. Calm is the perfect mindfulness app for beginners, but also includes hundreds of programs for intermediate and advanced users.

2. Headspace 

Headspace is a simple way to reframe stress. Relax with guided meditations and mindfulness techniques that bring calm, wellness and balance to your life in just a few minutes a day. Download the one meditation app everybody needs. Then just sit back, relax, and breathe.

3. Moodpath

Moodpath is a leading depression app and accompanies you on your way out of depression. Moodpath screens your well-being by asking questions on a daily basis. The screening makes you more conscious of your thoughts, feelings, and emotions. After two weeks, you receive an electronic doctor letter. This letter will make your conversation with a professional much easier. With more than 150 psychological exercises and videos give you a better understanding of your Moodpath and strengthen your mental health.

4. Pacifica

Pacifica is an app for stress, anxiety, and depression based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness, and wellness. Comprised of quick activities alongside a supportive community, Pacifica is designed as a daily tool to help people address stress, anxiety, and depression at a gradual pace.

5. SuperBetter

SuperBetter is a game that increases resilience - the ability to stay strong, motivated and optimistic even in the face of difficult obstacles. Playing SuperBetter makes you more capable of getting through any tough situation—and more likely to achieve the goals that matter most to you. Proven results in just 10 minutes a day.

6. 7 Cups

Whether you are going through a challenging time or just want to talk to someone, 7 Cups can connect you to kind people and help you develop new skills to solve your problems.

7. Happify

Happify's science-based activities and games can help reduce stress, overcome negative thoughts, and build greater resilience by providing effective tools and programs to improve emotional well-being.

8. Talkspace

Start feeling better with Talkspace, a therapy and counseling app that gives you the most convenient, affordable, and discreet way to deal with depression, anxiety, stress, chronic illness, and more. WHAT IS TALKSPACE? Talkspace is a platform that connects users with a licensed therapist.

media1.giphy.com

Finally, don't be afraid to seek professional help. If there is an issue that is interfering with your everyday life, then there are many resources available! Talk to a friend, a family member, a school counselor, or a teacher. You are not alone.

Seek Help: https://adaa.org/living-with-anxiety/ask-and-learn/resources

Suicide Prevention: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Crisis Text Line: https://www.crisistextline.org/anxiety