30 Songs From Musicals That'll Leave An Impression On Anyone

Whether they're catchy or emotional, these songs are worth the listen.

58
Flickr: Kinchloe

Music has always had an amazing effect on me, and theatrical music even more so. Ever since I got into theatre as a kid, musicals always stood out to me and had the ability to evoke all sorts of emotions. Though I certainly haven't been able to watch every musical ever made, the ones I have were (and are) always a pleasure to see. If you love theatre, music, or just want to experience different and new songs, this is a list thirty amazing songs from all sorts of musicals!

1. Elaborate Lives - Reprise (Aida)

2. Last Midnight (Into the Woods)

3. Candy Store (Heathers)

4. Fly, Fly Away (Catch Me If You Can)

5. Dangerous to Dream (Frozen on Broadway)

6. In My Dreams (ANASTASIA The Musical)

7. One Day More (Les Miserables)

Because what's a list of musical theatre songs without this amazing song from Les Miserables?

8. Defying Gravity (Wicked)

9. Always Starting Over (If/Then)

10. On The Steps Of The Palace (Into The Woods)

11. Cell Block Tango (Chicago)

12. Confrontation (Jekyll and Hyde)

13. The Wizard and I (Wicked)

14. Raise You Up/Just Be (Kinky Boots)

15. The Fire Within Me (Little Women)

16. So Anyway (Next to Normal)

17. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (Phantom of the Opera)

18. The I Love You Song (The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee)

19. All That Jazz (Chicago)

20. What Baking Can Do (Waitress the Musical)

21. Some Thing Are Meant To Be (Little Women)

22. Telephone Wire (Fun Home)

23. Diva's Lament (Spamalot)

24. Changing My Major (Fun Home)

25. Children Will Listen (Into The Woods)

26. One Second and a Million Miles (Bridges of Madison County)

27. Goodbye Until Tomorrow / I Could Never Rescue You (The Last 5 Years)

28. Light (Next To Normal)

29. Easy As Life (Aida)

30. Being Alive (Company)