Top 10 Movies Of All Time As Rated By Movie Fans

Showbiz Journalist Mark Boardman Discusses Each Movie In The Top 10

2598
Top 10 movies of all time as rated by imdb movie fans
MarkMeets.com Media

The Movies You Love. READ MORE.

Having worked in the media industry for more than 15 years and in event management pr for red carpet events I wanted to share the latest

I regularly attend film screenings in the city at London film premieres, and love nothing else more than movies and celebrity news!

Sadly no Harry Potter anywhere to be seen though 'The Godfather' and 'The Lord of the Rings' get two mentions.

We are waiting for this update to take place below as Tamil film starring Suriya 'Jai Bhim' after being in the buzz for its convincing storyline and gripping narrative is now impressing critics around the world as it surpasses classic hit Hollywood film 'The Shawshank Redemption' on IMDb ratings. Currently, Jai Bhim's IMDb rating is 9.6 with 73k votes and The Shawshank Redemption's rating is 9.3 with 2.5 million votes.

1. The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 9.2

The Shawshank Redemption has become a classic film - it's even IMDb's top-rated movie of all time - but did you know it almost had an entirely different cast behind those legendary bars?

2. The Godfather (1972) 9.1

Widely regarded as one of the greatest films of all time, this mob drama, based on Mario Puzo's novel of the same name, focuses on the powerful Italian-American crime family of Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando). When the don's youngest son, Michael (Al Pacino), reluctantly joins the Mafia, he becomes involved in the inevitable cycle of violence and betrayal. Although Michael tries to maintain a normal relationship with his wife, Kay (Diane Keaton), he is drawn deeper into the family business.

3. The Godfather: Part II (1974) 9.0

The Godfather Part II is a 1974 American crime epic that Francis Ford Coppola produced, directed, and co-wrote with Mario Puzo, starring Al Pacino

"The Godfather Part II" runs 3 hours and 20 minutes, there are longer versions out there.

4. The Dark Knight (2008) 9.0

A true classic already and the newest movie in the list. "Definitely the best Batman movie of all time" claim news website CultCrunch.com

5. 12 Angry Men (1957) 8.9

The oldest movie on the poll. Directed by Sidney Lumet. With Martin Balsam, John Fiedler, Lee J. Cobb, E.G. Marshall.
The black and white classic is rarely shown on TV by follows the closing arguments in a murder trial, the 12 members of the jury must deliberate, with a guilty verdict meaning death for the accused, an inner-city teen. As the dozen men try to reach a unanimous decision while sequestered in a room, one juror (Henry Fonda) casts considerable doubt on elements of the case. Personal issues soon rise to the surface, and conflict threatens to derail the delicate process that will decide one boy's fate.

6. Schindler's List (1993) 8.9

I watched this in school as millions did. It starred Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, Ralph Fiennes, Caroline Goodall and only cost $22 million to film: Source: The Guardian.

7. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) 8.9

Not really a film I enjoy watching, all a bit to CGI for me I'm afraid.

8. Pulp Fiction (1994) 8.8

One of my favourite films of the 90's.So many amazing scenes.

9. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) 8.8

This Italian epic spaghetti western film directed by Sergio Leone starred Clint Eastwood in what is probably his best role.

10. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

A second mention of the film series and a popular will movie fans is also on entertainment site MarkMeets