The Best Moments From The 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Trailer

Spidey's going back to high school...again

21

Sony Pictures and Marvel released the first trailer for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'. These are the takeaway moments from the trailer.

1. Spider-humor

Spider-Man is known for his sense of humor and quips, especially when taking on thugs. The first scene shows him embarrassing a group of robbers dressed in Avengers themed masks. "Hulk gives it away!"

2. The logo

Sweet Christmas, Spidey's finally home. Yes, I know the Marvel Studios logo isn't all that interesting, but this is Marvel showing its involvement in the production of this film, and shows they are taking ownership of this new movie franchise. The deal between Sony and Marvel is a little more complicated than that, but rest assured, Peter Parker is part of the Marvel family now.

3. Mary Jane!?!?!

While Zendaya's character is still named Michelle, leaks and fan rumors have led us to believe she could be playing Peter's better half, Mary Jane Watson. In her introduction, Michelle is picking on Peter and his friend Ned for staring at a pretty girl.

4. Uncle Tony

After making his spectacular debut in 'Captain America: Civil War', Peter and "Mr. Stark" have this sort of father-son relationship going on. It looks like Tony will keep providing the tech for Spidey's suit but will set some ground rules for the young hero. He tells him "I know school sucks. I know you want to save the world...but you're not ready yet."

5. The teenage superhero

Instead of paying attention in class, Peter is watching a video of his debut in the new suit, fighting Giant-Man in the iconic airport battle from 'Civil War'. I can't help but wonder how that footage was recorded..... Movies!

6. Not the death star!

Upon finding out Spider-Man's true identity, Peter's friend Ned drops his Lego death star set in surprise. Due to the ethnicity of actor Jacob Batalon, as well as his choice in toy building kits, many fans are making the connection to Miles Morales' best friend Ganke from Marvel Comic's Ultimate Universe.

7. Birdman

The trailer also offers our first taste of the main villain, Vulture. Michael Keaton will be playing the role, and he looks menacing with or without the suit on. Speaking of the suit, it seems to be running on some sort of Stark technology, which might be where Tony comes in to help Peter (more on that later).

8. Spidey can fly

Drawing inspiration from his 1962 debut, Spider-Man has wings made out of webbing. While I doubt he can fully fly like Iron Man, it does seem like he'll be able to glide out of sticky situations. In this shot, Spidey jumps from the top of the Washington Monument and over a hovering helicopter to escape the police. Well played, Mr. Parker.

9. The moment

In the final shot, we see a quick shot of Iron-Man and Spider-Man side by side, racing through New York in what could be mistaken for the splash page of a Marvel comic. So Tony is going to help young Peter at some point, and might even invite him to join his boy band of heroes. Exciting times are ahead for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and July can't come soon enough.