10 Episodes Of 'Grey's Anatomy' Where Shonda Rhimes Showed Symptoms Of Being A TV-Writing Genius

Shondaland's best.

823

ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" is one very iconic show.

Whether you're into medical shows or not, it is totally worth your time. After watching the series three times over again, I am still just as obsessed as I was when I started it. After refusing to give it a chance for years, my friends finally talked me into it and it was the best decision I've ever made. As uncommon as it really is, 15 seasons later, the show is still going strong.

Here are 10 episodes you should watch the understand the hype of this amazing show.

1. "A Hard Day's Night"

Season 1, episode 1

As cliche as it sounds, the first episode of "Grey's Anatomy" will really draw you in. The beginning of Meredith and Derek's relationship will draw you in immediately.

2. "Now or Never"

Season 5, episode 24

In this season finale, you will immediately know why everyone loves George.

3. "As We Know It"

Season 2, episode 14

This episode really shows the love Derek has for Meredith. As the situation gets worse, Seattle Grace takes a turn and everyone is worried.

4. "Flight"

Season 8, episode 24

In this life-threatening situation, the doctors have to fight for their own survival.

5. "All Of Me"

Season 14, episode 24

As the doctors prepare for a wedding, the situation takes a turn.

6. "Freedom Part 2"

Season 4, episode 17

Meredith and Derek take their relationship to a new level, while the hospital is under stress.

7. "Fear (Of The Unknown)"

Season 10, episode 24

Cristina is leaving and Meredith fears losing her best friend.

8. "Drowning On Dry Land"

Season 3, episode 16

Meredith goes missing and everyone is worried about her whereabouts.

9. "Stand Up"

Season 10, episode 12

This is where the beautiful love story of Jackson and April begins.

10. "How To Save A Life"

Season 12, episode 11

This is where the shows take the most dramatic turn yet. Trust me, you will need a box of tissues.

After all the laughs and tears, I can confidently say "Grey's Anatomy" is one of the best shows ever made. The love stories, the drama, and the most intense moments are what makes this show as great as it is.