When Mom Doesn't Pick Up, Call An Aunt

When Mom Doesn't Pick Up, Call An Aunt

To my second mom and best friend.

2168
When Mom Doesn't Pick Up, Call An Aunt
Jenna Pizzi

Thank you for picking up when Mom doesn’t.

Thank you for being another person in my life that I can go to when I need someone to talk to. Whether it’s over school or boys or girl drama, you always know exactly what to say to help me through it.

You may not think so, but your advice has guided me to be the person I am today.

Thank you for always listening. You act as my rock when all else seems to be crumbling. I know that you will always be there to listen to me and to not judge me, but guide me.

Thank you for having great fashion sense. My outfits would be in serious trouble if I didn’t have you to tell me “what’s in” or when I have a better shirt to go with my pants.

I could not imagine not being able to walk in your closet and shop for clothes that I would want to borrow.

You are my second closet.

Thank you for being selfless. Watching you put other people before yourself has shown me how I can be more like you. More like a person who is filled with kindness and love.

Because that is the person who I want to be.

Thank you for being someone I look up to. When people tell me how similar we are, I smile at the fact that I remind them of someone who is as unique and as cherished as you.

Most of all, thank you for being you.

Someone that I can share secrets with. Someone who loves my surprise visits. Someone who more people should be like because the world could use more of your laughter and happiness in it.

I hope you never forget how important you are to me because, in the end, I will always need you, whether Mom picks up or not.