How Life-Long Best Friendships Change Over Time
Friendships

Our Friendship Has Grown Just Like We Have Since We've Been Best Friends Forever Since Kindergarten

I'm thankful for my BFFSK.

262
Madison Ostrach

"Let's be best friends forever," is what I imagine one of us said when we were five in our kindergarten classroom.

15 years. Playdates turn to hangouts. Petty fights turn into deep conversations. We are lucky to be side by side from immaturity to maturity. Even though we don't talk every day and don't always have the time to hang out, when we do, it feels like we never were apart.

We still know each other's secrets like we are back in second grade, and people would always want to know what we were talking about.

Only with you do I get to say "Remember when..." talking about our childhood. We are so fortunate to be able to have a connection that goes all the way back. From the rejection from "our crushes" in elementary school to our first heartbreaks, we have been through everything. If I never need a person who understands me, I will turn to you.

I will never forget when either of us would have a "new friend" and the other got super jealous — this made our bond grow stronger. Those people would never be able to tear us apart.

I can't wait until we are celebrating our 50th friendship-anniversary. I mean I can wait because I don't want to rush my life, but you know what I mean.

I remember we would compete in everything, even height. Now, I have no clue how would we compete in that because we can't do anything about our height, but we were just really weird and still are. Scary how we used to be so small but had the chance to see each other grow up and continue growing.

My BFFSK and I are "One And The Same" (Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato).