30 Inconsequential Thoughts College Girls Have While Visiting Best Friends At Other Schools

The small things that you realize when you visit friends.

590
Personal Photograph

People change. That’s an obvious statement.

Ending high school and going to college is very different, just like a million articles out there can tell you. Seeing your friends while on a break is difficult because they’ve all changed, and so have you, but one thing that they don’t always include is what it’s like when you go to visit your friends in their new school.

This is very different from going home for breaks because you become immersed in this new environment which they have spent the majority of their past year in. A lot of changes happen and you’re very aware of everything.

Here are just some of the thoughts that ran through my head when I visited friends at the University of Maryland, University of Miami, and Virginia Tech this year.

1. Wow, they actually have friends. They weren’t just making them up.

2. I guess they’re not as weird as they were in high school.

3. No, wait they totally are!

4. Hm, what if we still went to school together?

5. Aw, their friends are sooo cute and funny!

6. Wow, this girl is just like our friend from home.

7. Would I be friends with these people too?

8. Would we still be as good friends as we were in high school?

9. Wow, their school is pretty.

10. OMG that girl is in my sorority!

11. Should I say hi?

12. Oh, it’s not even her shirt, that’s awkward.

13. This place is HUGE.

14. Is that pitaya? What the heck, why doesn’t my school have pitaya?

15. Can’t you get a to-go box here?

16. Hey, that kid looks like someone at my college!

17. Aw, I miss their handwriting!

18. When’s that essay due again?

19. Ah, who cares! I’m not even at school right now. I’ll just finish it later.

20. Um, am I supposed to get in the picture too?

21. Nah, I’ll just get in the next one.

22. What the hell are they talking about?

23. Is this an inside joke?

24. What are all these abbreviations and code names?

25. What’s a Hokie?

26. What's a Terp?

27. What's a Cane?

28. Oh. That's what it is.

29. Why did I take this six-hour train ride again?

30. Oh yeah, it's because I’m friends with this idiot.