My role model

My Best Friend Is Not Just My Role Model But The Person Who Makes My College Experience So Much Better

College is the time for everyone to find their group of people, or maybe even that one person

743
Misbah Chhotani

With midterms happening and dodging through obstacles of life, I have found myself sitting on the edge of my bed actually sobbing. I am the kind of person who, when I'm sad, leans on people whom I consider friends. A person I find myself leaning on the most is someone I consider my best friend and my sister. Here are all the reasons why I love her so much!

1. She is honest 

The Blue Diamond Gallery

Honestly, the reasons I am always stressed to the point of tears is because I overcommit on literally every aspect of my life. Gabby knows how to keep it real and tell me when I need to come back to reality.

2. She is loyal

Gabby is a 2018 alumni of Elon University, and she's off to bigger and better things (aka law school). However, she still makes it a priority to check-in on me on a daily basis, and in return, I always ask about her day. When she visits my campus, she makes it a point to text me and meet up with me during her visits. I don't think we have gone a day without talking with each other since May.

3. She is trustworthy

Our friendship has gotten to the point where I am able to share personal info with her and know that she won't tell anyone without my permission.

4. She is supportive of me through my good times and my bad times.

https://www.instagram.com/mchhotani98/

The transition to college is tough on everyone, and things happen throughout your time. Last winter, one of my friends took his own life, and one of my friends transferred because of her own medical needs. These events were really traumatic for me. Gabby was able to be there for me to sort through my emotions during this difficult season. Gabby is also the person that I tell ALL of my good news as well!

5. She is fun to be around

https://www.instagram.com/mchhotani98/

Gabby never fails to put a smile on my face or give me a much needed laugh any and every time we're together.

6. She loves Ed Sheeran as much as I do

Flickr

This is definitely not a requirement in order to be my friend, but this is a plus. And it makes for entertaining car rides!

7. She is a friend matchmaker 

https://www.instagram.com/mchhotani98/

Gabby matches me with people in my life that end up being my forever friends.

8. She set the standard high which motivates me academically and socially.

Gabby is the QUEEN of involvement literally wherever she goes. She is very academically driven. I want to be just like her when I grow up.

9. She made me a nickname 

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash

Gabby set the standard for all of my current friends just calling me Mis. This is the first time I've ever had a nickname, and I absolutely love it.

Moral of the story is, everyone needs to find a forever friend like Gabby. Trust me, your life will be 100% better, guaranteed.