A Letter To My Best Friend

A Letter To My Best Friend

Thank you for always being there.
21

To My Gorgeous Best Friend,

Warning: It's about to get cheesy.

I truly never thought I would find someone like you. Growing up, I thought that being friends with everyone and popularity was what was most important. I did not realize that less was better until you came into my life. I was in a weird part of my childhood. I was 13 and just made the most difficult decision of my life. I made the decision to leave my public school where I was comfortable with all of my friends and the atmosphere and go to a private all girl's school. That's where you swooped in.

The best kinds of friendships come from being comfortable with one another, and I automatically felt comfortable around you. No one would think we would be best friends. When we first met, we were complete opposites of each other. But as time went on, we became really close... some would say too close.

You were there for me all throughout high school. Throughout the awkward transitions: chopping my hair off, learning how to do my makeup, and spending all our money together, you were there for every second of it. Although we went to different schools and had different friends, we always made time for one another. Saturday's and Friday's were always set aside for our sleepovers and annual scary movie nights. I had never met someone who loved Insidious and Paranormal Activity as much as me until I showed them to you, we screamed and hid, and then you asked if we could watch it again.

You are my best friend, and have been for almost 5 years now. We're both in college yet we still make sure to put time aside to hang out almost every weekend. We FaceTime every night. There is no one else I would want to laugh until I'm crying with.

We've been to countless concerts together, gone on countless road trips. We are always screenshotting ugly selfies from one another, which we send in complete confidence that they will NEVER be shared. You've straightened my hair and, in my laziest moments, even washed my hair, bent awkwardly over the tub. You trust me to practice makeup looks on you and I trust you to pluck my eyebrows, when needed. We know everything about one another, trust each other with our lives and deepest, darkest secrets.

We have a 300 day Snap streak with a yellow heart (which means we've been snapchatting for more than 300 days straight) and if that doesn't scream goals I don't know what does.

You're my best friend and I love you. Thank you so much for being there with me every step these past 5 years. Here's to many more years of unforgettable memories, late night phone calls and laughing until we cry.