What to Expect When Your Best Friend Becomes a Mommy

Suddenly you understand why someone would go to the ends of the earth to protect this tiny little human.

38

There are a million books for soon-to-be mothers, so what should you expect when it's your best friend whose becoming a mommy?

1. The unexpected photos

Have you ever received a photo of baby poop with a text reading 'my six-month-old just sh*t the size of a full-grown man,' You haven't? Well, when your best friend becomes a mom, you get a photo of the most insane, unimaginable things possible, at least three times a week. Get used to it. Every time you open your phone, be prepared. Don't worry though, it's almost always something very funny.

2. The birth story

Only special humans come into the world with a legendary story. Odds are, your BFF's birth story will be hilarious, terrifying, gruesome, and actually quite incredible to hear. If you're lucky enough, you may even get to be there when it happens. If you've ever been nervous to ask someone what giving birth is like, never fear because your new mama BFF won't hesitate to answer all of your odd questions and she's also probably gonna show you some evidence even if you don't want to see it. Anything that could possibly be TMI is no longer when you have a mommy friend.

3. You're gaining another bestie

I don't know about you, but when my bestie became a mama, it was amazing. Some people think that when their friends become parents, they aren't fun anymore and that you'll lose a friend. That is SO untrue. In fact you're gaining another. If she's really one of your best friends, having a baby won't change that. It just means that things will be a little different. I promise that it's absolutely amazing. You get an adorable, giggly, lovey little babe in your life now.

4. The role of 'Auntie'

When it's your best friend who has a baby, you almost always earn the title of the 'Auntie'. That is if you're deserving of it. But, being an auntie has a lot of... let's just say 'crazy' experiences. When you become an auntie, you're on call for questions, advice, and emotional support 24/7. Even if you aren't a mommy yourself, your BFF is gonna come to you for advice because they trust your opinion. Being an auntie means not only loving the little one, but mama too. It takes a village to raise a baby, so be ready. It is 100% rewarding to watch your R.O.D flourish into who she is meant to be.

5. The sun will shine differently

Your best friend's baby will change your perspective on everything, especially if you don't have kiddos yourself. Suddenly you understand why someone would go to the ends of the earth to protect this tiny little human. You start to see just how fragile and precious life really is because of the love you've just learned to feel. Just like that, there's another person in your life who you care about.

6. Life changes, but it's okay

Watching your best friend become a mom is beyond rewarding. Things will change though. Texts and calls become less frequent and sleepovers aren't going to be a thing for a while. IT'S OKAY! Your favorite human just went through an incredible life changing experience and things won't be the same, but they'll be so much better. You can close your eyes at night and sleep soundly knowing that even if you haven't been able to chat with your bestie, you know she's off doing the most amazing thing ever; raising another human. If your best friend is really your best friend, you'll stick around and enjoy it right alongside of her.