To My Best Friend Before Her Deployment

To My Best Friend Before Her Deployment

I love you.

144

Dear Daniella,

First and foremost I want to tell you that I'm proud of you. Sophomore year of high school you decided that you wanted to join the Navy, you did and you're doing great in it! I'm proud of you, because not only did you make a big decision and stick with it at such an early age, but you've been doing so well in it. You're an inspiration, and I'm lucky to even be able to call you my best friend.

We became friends when we were 10. While we weren't very close back then, once we went to high school we became inseparable. We wore the same clothes, held hands in the hallway, we were literally joined at the hip. You became my other half. Throughout the years you've taught me so many things, and if it wasn't for your friendship I wouldn't be the woman that I am today. The once shy and quiet girl I once was is gone because you brought me out of my shell. I can't thank you enough for that.

Even though we went two years without seeing each other, we kept in touch and when I saw you for the first time in two years everything felt just like it did before you left. We have so many great memories together and I will always cherish them. You've always been an amazing friend to me. When I needed to vent, you were my counselor. When life tossed me in every direction, and I was lost, you gave me directions. When I was down, you picked me up. I am blessed to have you in my life.

Good luck with your deployment. I know it will go great because you excel at everything you do. You never give up, and you have nerves of steel. I've always admired those things about you. You are one of the strongest people I know. Please be safe, and come back soon! I love you so much!

Love,

Your best friend Aaliyah