An Open Letter To My Best Friend Who Became My Boyfriend
Dating

I never expected you, but am extremely grateful for you

7337

To this day, I have never been more grateful that every day I get to spend with you. Every day is an adventure and for that, I can never replace. When we first met, I was completely shy. I was in a new place and you made me laugh and smile. That day when we first talked, I saw you look right through me. I never knew that we would be where we are today. We are so far and we have much farther to go.

Without you, I would not have discovered who I have been this whole time. You have helped me become a better version of myself. While we have been together, you have seen me through my highest highs and lowest lows. Now it's my turn to return the favor. You have been my best friend first. I really have never had to worry about anything with me. You take care of me greatly. I could never repay you for the things you have done for me.

I am thankful because more than anything you have inspired me to push to be better. Throughout the course of our relationship, we started out as friends and quickly became more than that. Without that first day we met, without me choosing OU, without me choosing meteorology as a major, I would have never come to love someone more than myself. There are not enough words in this world to describe how thankful I am of you.

You graduate in a matter of months and I will never be able to tell you how terrified I am of that day. Ultimately, I know you have to leave and get on with your life. I know this day is the most exciting time for you, but it is the day I am dreading most. It means that our time together will become short and more cherish-able. This is the time where we will shine together. I can't wait to see the next chapter for us and how we will continue to grow as a couple.

To my best friend: I can't wait to stand by your side through all of this, to support you through all your adventures and be your biggest fan!

To my boyfriend: I love you and the journey is just beginning for us. We have had some rough patches regardless of them, I will always be there through thick and thin for you.

I cannot be more thankful to have my two favorite people in one person. Not everyone is so lucky to have someone like that, and I do, with you I have it all. I love you.