It's that time of year again, the holidays.
With Finals almost over there is one thing keeping college students going right now and that is holiday break. We all literally have a count going until we get this much needed break. But the thing that is just as amazing, if not better than the break itself is the all time greatest Christmas movie, 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'. Not only is hilarious, but it has one liners that every college student can relate to or has said before in conversation.
But there are some that each on e of us will 100% use over this break.
1. “Can I refill your eggnog? Get you something to eat, drive you into the middle of nowhere, and leave you for dead?”
When your mom puts you in charge of taking care of that one family member.
2. "I don't want to spend the holidays DEAD!"
When the grandparents start fighting, you're not 100% sure that everyone will make it to Christmas.
3. "It was an ugly tree anyways"
When you move one ornament ton the tree and your mom loses it on you.
4. "THE. BLESSSSSING."
Every grandparent or aunt whenever you start to eat before saying grace.
5. "Jeez! Look at the time. I gotta get to bed."
Whenever any family member starts to ask about your personal life or lack of.
6. "We're at the threshold of hell."
After every family member gets to your house and you have to sleep on the couch because there is not enough room.
7. "I don't know what to say, but it's Christmas and we're all in misery."
Literally right when you wake up on Christmas and everyone is already waiting for you.
8. "You about ready to do some kissin'?"
When you're single and home and you run into your high school EX.
9. "If this gets dented then my hair ain't gonna look the same."
Explaining why you take hours doing your hair to the entire family
10. "Sh*tter's full"
When your entire family is at the same house, this happens at least once a day.
11. "Merry Christmas. Kiss my a**. Kiss his a**. Happy Hanukkah."
When the cousins start to brag about their social lives and ask what yours is like.
12. "“We’re gonna have the hap-, hap-, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tapdanced with Danny f***ing Kaye. ”
When someone tries to bash the Christmas that your mom hosted and you spent hours helping with.
13. "I had a lot if help from Jack Daniels."
Whenever someone asks how you're surviving the holidays.
14. "Would it be indecent to ask the grandparents to stay at a hotel?"
I mean it is a legit question.
15. "Welcome to our home - what's left of it."
After everyone has been there for a week and no one can find the floor....or their own things anymore
16. "You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant."
The two sets of grandparents talking to one another and neither of them can hear the other.
17. "Burn some dust here. Eat my rubber."
When you're trying to talk to your younger cousins and don't understand the slang that they're using.
18. "Our holidays were always such a mess."
Looking back at every other holiday that you spent with your entire family
19. "Well I'm gonna park the cars and get check the luggage, and well, I'll be outside for the season."
When you just need to get away from all the family for even a second or the whole season.
20. “Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where’s the Tylenol?”
Pretty much what you say the entire break.