11 Times You Wanted To Be Besties With Cardi B

Cardi B has captivated America with her catchy lyrics, musical collaborations, and crazy antics. Well, mostly her crazy antics.

1709
YouTube

Within the past year, one pop star has managed to take the hip-hop industry by storm, landing numerous award show nominations and producing several chart-topping hits. You can’t go a day without hearing “these is red bottoms, these is bloody shoes” on the radio, whatever that means. Everyone’s favorite, Cardi B.

A few years ago, Belcalis Almanzar was a (relatively speaking) normal twenty-year-old woman trying to make a name for herself in the entertainment industry, starting with her unforgettable appearance on Love & Hip Hop: New York.

That’s right, Cardi B’s real name is Belcalis. But hey, your name can be whatever you want it to be when you go from a strip club in the Bronx to the red carpet at the Grammys.

Cardi B has managed to captivate America with her catchy lyrics, musical collaborations, and crazy antics. Well, mostly her crazy antics.

Here are the top 10 moments that made us really want to be friends with Cardi B:

1. Her priceless appearance on Jimmy Fallon

No explanation would do this interview justice. Even Kimmel was struggling to find words to adequately react to Cardi B’s responses, or should I say noises.

When googling Jimmy Fallon, “Jimmy Fallon Cardi B” is the second search option that comes up. You will not regret watching these 5 minutes and 20 seconds of pure entertainment.

2. When she revealed to Khloe Kardashian how she confessed that she was a stripper to her mother

Her mother was not too happy when she found out that her “babysitting jobs” actually consisted of late nights sliding down a metal pole with dollar bills raining down on her. “And then she just pushed me down the staircase!”

3. When she put her finance skills to the test and showed us how to “budget”

Shoes- $1,200, sunglasses- like $400, outfit- $20. Priorities, people.

4. When she warned us about “the quiet ones”

Cardi B reminds us that those “quiet b$*#@&!” are the deceptive ones. Thank you Belcalis for looking out for us, she’s just being a good friend.

5. Her disbelief that U2’s Bono knew who she was

A post shared by Cardi B Official IG (@iamcardib) on The star posted a video revealing her astonishment upon receiving a handwritten note from Bono. That’s definitely framed somewhere in her room.

6. Along with her love for Bono, her love for Bruno Mars

THANK YOU @fashionnova ...Me and @brunomars look like cousins bro😂😩😩Specially when we next to each other .
A post shared by Cardi B Official IG (@iamcardib) on
Cardi B revealed a painting she received of herself and Mars while serenading us with some of his music. It’s times like this that I wish it was acceptable for us to post Instagram videos in our bras and underwear while singing ‘24K Magic’.

7. When she reminded us that it’s not all about the Instagram followers

When I️ reached my first million followers 😂😂😩😩.....Which one of yall been my first million followers ?From the beginning ? 😩
She may have been “dumb hype” that she reached a million followers on this social media platform, but she still “doesn’t have a million dollars and owes two months of rent”. We feel your pain girl.

8. However, she doesn’t seem too phased by her not yet a million dollar bank account, as she loves to show off her bling

My new Items are from @pristine_jewelers Thanks @pristine_jewelers for the best quality and prices .HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me ❤️❤️❤️ outfit @fashionnova
Hey, if we could we would. Show if off, sister.

9. Her interview with Billboard after reaching number one on their charts

Cardi B revealed her excitement as she called it a “close race” but also gave props to her competitor Taylor Swift praising her song ‘Look What You Made Me Do’.

10. When she addressed “thirsty boys” in her interview with New York Magazine

I’ll leave out particular details due to the extent of explicit content, but just know one of her responses was, “Guys don’t know how many times I fart a day.” And that’s right, they truly don’t.

11. When she reminded us that celebrities still get “butterflies” on the red carpet. In her stomach and some other surprising areas

And just to clarify, she is NOT pregnant.

Cardi B, can we be friends?