4 Benefits Of Working On Campus

4 Benefits Of Working On Campus

465
4 Benefits Of Working On Campus
Forbes

Last year, I had the opportunity to work as a tutor at my school's academic center, and I can honestly say it was one of the best jobs i've ever had. Working on campus had so many great benefits, and here is why I think everybody should work on campus for at least one semester.

1. The convenience.

Last year, I commuted to school, and didn't know what I was going to do with three to six hour gaps in between my classes. Working on campus allowed me to do something productive during my time off, and get paid for it. For those who live on campus, your job is only a couple feet from your room. Consider this a blessing when you need those few extra minutes of sleep Monday morning.

2. Working alongside other students.

This was one of my favorite parts about working on campus. Every coworker goes to the same school as you and around the same age as you. I met two of my really good friends through working on campus (shoutout to Joe and Erica) and I also became familiar with just other students and faculty is general. Working on campus is a great way to meet new people and familiarize yourself with your school.

3. Helping your peers.

This may not apply to every on campus job, but since I worked as a tutor, I directly interacted with new students everyday. I loved being able to help students who were struggling with a certain class, come up to me later in the semester and tell me how much better they're doing now because of my help.

4. Flexible hours.

As college students, we have very little time to get a lot of work done. One of my biggest fears coming into college, was wondering how I would be able to juggle a job and all my school work. If you're working on campus, people understand how important your schoolwork is, therefore are usually more flexible about hours and working around your schedule.

As the fall semester is quickly approaching, I hope you look into getting a job on campus. Most schools have job fairs or online listings the first week of school with all the jobs available to students for that upcoming seamster. Good luck!