13 Benefits Of Having A Big Sister, Or Better Yet, Two

They might sound like a pain, but they are a pain you can't help but love.

56

You may be the eldest sister or have no sisters or you're the youngest and you can't seem to imagine what I could possibly be about to list in this article. It may not be roses and dandelions all the time, but a sister has much more pros than cons. You will fight, bicker, and annoy the crap out of each other, but what do you expect you're siblings?

It's normal and all those things get outweighed by the reasons below.

1. An extra closet for you. 

You will always have a second closet to search through when you get sick of yours because we all have those days where nothing you try on is working. The only downfall is she might just reciprocate and search through your closet as well.

2. She can teach you all those maturing girl things. 

We all have gone through it. Those awkward years when you transition from being a child to being a teenager. She will teach you everything you don't want to ask your parents about, especially not your father.

3. You can always count on her brutal honesty.

No matter when, where, or what it involves she will always tell you like it is. She won't be a friend who is too scared to overstep. She isn't one of your parents so you can't pull the "You have to say that cause I'm your kid" card.

4. Side kick at all family events. 

You know those long, sometimes uncomfortable or tiring family events? She is always there to help you get through them. Basically, you can suffer together.

5. She knows you better than you know yourself. 

While you think you know yourself the best or maybe you imagine it must be your mother who knows you the most. Sorry to break it to you, but it is most likely your sister because she's watched you grow up your entire life and she knows all the dirty secrets you would never tell your mother.

6. You get Maid of Honor rights. 

This one is a lot of work, but definitely a winner. I just got to experience this one and it's like nothing you've ever experienced before so look forward to it and take it all in!

7. She will always help you through everything. 

Almost everything you go through she's already had to deal with, so she might just save your life. She will be your number one person for your life and all life experiences

8. Hand me downs - may not sound like a pro, but they are. 

Hand me downs sound like a killer, but it kind of just means you get a hell of a lot more toys, clothes, and goodies.

9. Growing up, it was a sleepover every night. 

You practically grew up in a house of sleepovers because you always had a friend to go swimming a night with, eat ice cream with, or watch movies with every night.

10.  She helps you defend yourself to your parents. 

She will always be your partner when your parents crack down on you. While there's two of them and one of you, jokes on them because she helps level the playing field.

11. She's always there to master your hair or makeup. 

When your eye shadow won't blend or your hair is curling wacky – your sister will come to the rescue.

12.  Practically twins. 

You'll never be alone because you are as close as twins. You can literally depend on her to always tag along for whatever you wish to do whether that's a trip to Publix, a movie binge watching night, late night ice cream, run outside or a tanning buddy – she's your gal.

13. A second mother. 

While she's your best friend, she will also be another mother for you when you need it.

Hopefully, this gave you an idea of just a few of the wonderful reasons you should call your elder sister and tell her you to love her right now. If your as lucky as me and have two sisters, meaning double of all the reasons I listened above then call both. If you're luckier than me and have even more, you might need to settle for a well thought out group text or start dialing now.