5 Reasons You Should Keep Eating Avocados

Not only aesthetically pleasing, but also delicious.

1705

In the past couple of years, there has been a growing craze and fascination with avocados. While we have had avocados around for a long time until recently more and more people have been adding this to their list of favorite foods. Personally, when I was younger I could not stand the taste of it. Now that I am older I don't know what has changed in me but avocados always sound good to me. When eating out, I find myself looking at the menu to see what items include avocados. Or when I'm at home, it's so quick and easy to turn it into a yummy snack. There are so many benefits to eating this but here are some I will lay out to you.

1. Rich in nutrients.

Generally, one avocado is around 60-70 calories and has around 6 grams of fat. While it is a small snack, it can fill you up for the time being and there are many vitamins in this like vitamins C, B, K, and B-6.

2. Can improve your digestion.

An avocado pretty actually high in fiber with approximately 6-7 grams per half fruit.

3. Can detoxify your body.

While it can promote bowel movements this helps in getting rid of inflammation and ultimately getting rid of toxins that need to be removed.

4. Can improve your eyesight.

Like carrots, avocados can help with improving eyesight. They are filled with lutein and zeaxanthin which are two phytochemicals that are especially concentrated in the tissues in the eyes where they provide antioxidant protection to help minimize damage from things such as U.V. rays.

5. Can lead to healthy pregnancies.

Avocados contain more folate per ounce than any other fruit. Folate is necessary for healthy pregnancies and will lessen the chance of possible miscarriages.