Believe In Believing In Something, Anything

I believe in forever love, karma, and that chocolate ice cream is always the answer.

374
Alexa Glazer

I believe life is a series of contradictions and everything that we deal with in life is situational. What happens to one person will in no way shape or form be identical to what happens to another. Never ever, ever. No matter the number of similarities they have to one another, they will never quite be the same.

I believe that rules are made to be broken.

I believe in forever love, karma, and that ice cream is always the answer.

I believe it is impossible to only live in “this” moment like people preach. We have to learn from our past and yearn for our future. Read that again. Learn from our past and yearn for our future. Don’t mistake that for living in your past and planning for your future. So again, 1.) Learn, don’t live in. Use your past to help you grow and educate yourself as well as others. 2.) Yearn, don’t plan. Your future is not promised and plans change. Every. Single. Day. They will change. So yearn for it, dream bigger, and take action.

My point is that you have to believe in something, anything. So this isn’t about believing in God, the Boogeyman, Buddha, Heaven and Hell, Santa Claus, spirits, demons, ghosts, or even being a Belieber (which I will admit, I am one).

What I am trying to prove is that it's all about believing in something, and accepting that not everyone is going to agree with you, accepting that your own view may change one day, that you may go back and forth believing in it and that is all perfectly okay. Sounds a little crazy right?

So why is this something that I, myself believe in, that you need to believe in believing? Believing in something gives you a direction. Motivation. Drive. It helps guide you, and gives you an inner compass of where to go and what path you may gravitate towards.

With my own personal hardships, if I didn’t believe in something I would be one lost cookie. Crumbling fast. This doesn’t mean I haven’t lost hope at times, because I have. It just means I found a pick-me-up. An invisible crane to pick me up from the deep, deep hole I dug myself into. Without believing in yourself, believing in someone else, and without having some sort of faith in belief, you can create a real mental midget within yourself. Good fricken luck with that; you’ve just made your life twenty times more difficult and that’s being quite generous.

So brush off that good cop, bad cop, or your inner angel and devil off your shoulders and try listening to some instincts and see what the heck happens. You may fail. You probably will, once, twice, or a dozen times. The cool thing about believing, though, is that eventually something good will happen. I promise.