Are Our Beliefs Really Ours?

Are Our Beliefs Really Ours?

Liberal media conformity; Is Facebook teaching you what to think?

25
Are Our Beliefs Really Ours?
therealside.com

Some of you may have read my last article "Letter To Hillary Clinton," while writing it and sharing it on my Facebook I discovered something. When I went to tag anti-Hillary organizations on Facebook (which I know are actual groups) Facebook wouldn't let me.This peaked my curiosity so I began to type pro-Hillary groups and what do you know, they would pop up. I then tried to post pro-Donald Trump groups and there were none to be found. I then tried to tag anti-Trump groups and there they were. My dad had told me in the past he had shared and written a post on some conservative issue and went to pull it up later and Facebook had deleted it. So after remembering this incident and experiencing it myself I did some research.

There are rumors that Facebook alters their trending now pages as well as chooses what material they want being shared on their site. Although Facebook has not admitted to any of these accusations, there is a whole online community that is convinced that Facebook is guilty who have had similar experiences. Not only that but former Facebook employees have stated while employed at Facebook they "routinely suppressed conservative news." Those former contractors also stated that they could pick and choose what they wanted to be in the trending and top news on Facebook. So who cares if Facebook really is doing this? They are a private corporation that have the right to run their business the way they please. That’s right they do, however if this really is happening then Facebook should not label itself as a non-bias business as founder Mark Zuckerberg has repeatedly tried to pride his company on.

Three words, forced political assimilation. When pilgrims first came to America, not only did they take over Native American’s land they also forced them into schools where they would teach them how to act and think, “the right way.” This is known as cultural assimilation. In this day and time it is so easy through social media, to conform us viewers without even knowing what is happening. When you are on what is supposed to be a non-bias platform and are constantly seeing stories for or against something or someone, it can definitely affect the way you think about that subject. Today’s world is so dangerous, we rely on the media to tell us what topics are important and which ones aren’t. Don’t believe me? How many times have you felt strongly about something and wanted to share it on social media but didn't because you were afraid of backlash? Now would you feel more willing to talk about that same topic in person? Why is that?

Lets talk about the transgenders and restroom topic. WHO CARES? Lets be honest i’m sure transgendered people have been using whatever bathroom they want anyway, so why is it an issue now? Why should the government be involved in that in the first place? When I previously asked you to think about a topic you felt strongly about but didn't want to publicize, did this topic come to your mind? If so, why? There are 0.3% of transgendered people in the U.S. So why are we so scared to think that it's not such a great idea? Why has this blown up to be such a big topic on every social/news platform. What we should be asking is what serious issue are they hiding behind this one. We are told what they want us to be told. We know what they want us to know. We are taught in school and through social media what is important or what is “acceptable” or not. Somehow we have become so fearful of offending someone. SO WHAT IF WE DO? Whats gonna happen? Absolutely nothing.

How many of you have heard of a man named Saul Alinsky? Probably not many, he is the writer of a book called Rules for Radicals His goal for the Rules for Radicals was to create a socialist guide for future community leaders to use when uniting failing countries. In fact, Alinsky simplified Lenin’s whole plan for communism. Whats even more fantastic is Hillary Clinton wrote her thesis on this man in college and Obama mentions him multiple times within his own books. Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy. Below was his how to:

Sound familiar?