3 Reasons Being A Vegan Is The Best

3 Reasons Being A Vegan Is The Best

Becoming completely plant-based has changed my life for the better.

95

Since the beginning of 2018, I had continuously not felt right every single day. Every time I ate any food, my stomach would extremely hurt and cramp up. Additionally, I had experienced multiple digestive issues. I had no idea what was wrong, because all of my life I had never had any food allergies, and rarely encountered problems when I ate. I needed to get to the bottom of this.

So, I started by not eating red meat anymore. This helped, but I still did not feel right. After having friends who were on vegan diets and seeing multiple Instagram pages with vegan recipes, I took a risk and gave it a try in late October 2018! Being a vegan means you do not consume anything that has come from an animal's body. With that being said, you can only eat fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts/seeds, soy products, etc. I gave up all dairy and meat from my diet. It was hard, because I love cheese, chocolate milk, and other treats. Now, there may be other versions of a vegan diet that others use, but what matters most is that I feel overwhelmingly less troubled! This diet is amazing and one of the best decisions I have ever made! I highly recommend becoming plant-based to anyone who may be looking to switch things up, or also experiences stomach issues!

Here are three reasons why I am so passionate about being a vegan!

1. You physically feel so much better.

By getting rid of dairy (which is a culprit of many stomach issues) and meat, I feel amazing. My skin is clearer, I have more energy, and my stomach feels better! Fun fact: I do take Vitamin D and Vitamin B supplements because I am missing out on those by choosing not to eat dairy or meat!

2. Animals are friends, not food!

AnimalSake

I am an animal lover. From having pets growing up, I strongly believe that animals deserve to have a life and not be eaten! They are so adorable.

3. A vegan diet is very sustainable for our earth.

TeePublic

Mother Earth is such a beauty! A vegan diet helps our earth from becoming harmed. It creates green gasses in the air, helps with energy efficiency, and improves our land. How amazing!

Overall, I get made fun of sometimes by my friends or my peers for being vegan. Some of them even like to eat a few burgers right in front of my face out of spite! I do not let it bother me, because being vegan is the best. There are so many recipes out there and I am doing this for me! I hope I inspire other people to consider this beautiful diet that has made my well-being that much better.