What It's Like Being The Tall Girl

What It's Like Being The Tall Girl

"Oh my gosh, you're so tall!"

15
What It's Like Being The Tall Girl
Total Sorority Move

Contrary to popular belief I am one hundred percent aware of the fact that I am tall. I am also fully aware, due to experience, of the struggles that all tall women face.

1. Buying pants is impossible.

"I'm sorry, the longest inseam we carry is 29." So, where am I supposed to find the extra four inches? If anyone was wondering, the answer is "nowhere." You can catch me wearing tall boots in the winter, and in cuffed jeans in the spring. My ankles are perpetually cold, and this will never be fixed.

2. Dating is awkward.

My friends try to set me up with guys, and forget to mention that the guy is only 5'6". Sweet, so now I'm flirt-texting someone who is at eye-level with my bellybutton. I hope he likes the view.

3. Flats... everywhere.

All of my friends look super cute in their cute outfits topped off with a cute pair of wedges when we go out on the weekends. Meanwhile, I look mediocre in a pair of flats. There's nothing more awkward than being three inches taller than every guy at the party, so I just avoid the situation.

4. If I don't call "shotgun," I'm basically screwed.

Okay, I was exaggerating. But, have you ever felt your knees rub up against the back of someone's seat for an entire car ride? It isn't pleasant.

5. "What size shoe do you wear?"

Yes, my feet are huge. I wear a size eleven to be exact. But, you know what they say about girls with big feet? Nothing. Because it is totally unappealing. I can't order shoes online, I can't wear most cute shoes, and most of my tennis shoes are from the men's section.

6. I can reach anything.

Not everything about being tall is negative. I can reach practically anything. This includes the ceiling of every basement of every house party I have ever been to.

7. "There's no way you wear (insert size here)!"

No one ever believes me when I tell them what size jeans, dresses, etc. I wear, because they don't understand that my clothes must stretch six feet in length. Yes, I'm skinny. No, I don't wear a size two.

Being tall has its ups and downs. I love who I am, and I love my body. But, everybody has a struggle. I'm glad I got to share mine with you.