Being a Procrastinator in a Productive World

"I'll just do it later"

7

If you are as much of a procrastinator as me, you often find yourself waiting till last minute to do something important or has a time restraint. As a procrastinator, it is your job to allow everyone to know that you like to take your time. If not, everyone probably already knows that you take your time and wait till the very last second. With the world being crazy and fast moving, it can get a little hard moving slower, but as long as you keep up, anything is possible. Even with all the big goals you may have, we see no problem in putting them off because eventually, they’ll get done.

Having big goals that may have time limits can be difficult. It’s like you want to work on your resume ahead of time, but later find yourself waiting till the night before a job interview. People can try to give you advice to start early, but they realize it is no use. We say we have been working on accomplishing a goal when, in reality, we haven’t started yet. Despite how important the task may be, we still take our sweet time.

Another thing is if someone asks you to do something for them, but gets mad at how long it took you, you can blame it on your procrastination. Since we like doing things at our own rate, doing tasks for others can be a challenge. We want to always stay at our own pace, not someone else's. Before working on a group project, I will usually let my group know that I am a procrastinator and that, although it may seem like I won’t pick up my slack, believe that I will have my part done to perfection.

No matter what, being a procrastinator is your own thing. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad worker. It just means you trust your ability and don’t mind rushing a little bit to finish. Embrace your procrastination! If you have time to do something, take it. Just don’t forget that you have that responsibility.