I'm average and so are others and that's okay.

I'm Average And That's Ok Too

Being average is okay.

157
https://www.instagram.com/cookandclimb/?hl=en
https://unsplash.com/photos/CfUyeAZOWIw

Before I start, this isn't me tearing down myself or anyone else that can relate to this article. Some people were born with amazing talents and others are just considered "normal" or "average".

I was recently asked what my greatest accomplishment has been. I had to think about that for an agonizingly long time just to give "nothing" as my answer. Then we were asked what is one thing you wouldn't change about yourself. I could think of an answer for something that stood out to me for everyone else around me, just not myself.

I don't have the best feature. I don't have bold eyes, beautiful curly hair, perfect skin, a charming personality, or a contagious laugh. I don't have any amazing talents that set me apart from others. I don't give anything to my parents to brag about, unlike my siblings.

https://www.tumblr.com/search/just%20an%20average%20guy

You rarely get compliments. Your best "accomplishments" aren't even considered accomplishments to most. Probably only told what you could have done better. Which is fine because we don't live for compliments or constant reassurance, it's just something you notice. Most people don't get that you did the best you could.

You spend a lot of time trying new things or practicing something in hopes of magically realizing that's your special "thing", but you don't. You just find things you sometimes enjoy doing, but you aren't very good at it or not 100% committed to it.

Not everyone has something special about them. You're average. Most people aren't average because a lot of people have something really unique or special about them.

I'm average. I blend into everything, that's just what average people do. I tried lots of things and wasn't even remotely good at most of them. I'm cool with it now and you should be, too.

And that's okay.