A Beginner's Guide To All Things Planners

A Beginner’s Guide To All Things Planners

You're welcome.

62

Planners.

It can be a scary or beautiful thing. You just need to know how to do it right. You have to avoid overwhelming yourself, while also making sure you have every little thing written down. Some planners are better for certain types of lifestyles than others. Some have to-do lists inside them. Some don't. Some are spiral bound. Some aren't.

Finding what works best for you is so important and can be overwhelming or intimidating. But don't worry. I am here. I am offering you a simple, but useful guide for all those who are entering the planner world.

Style types

There are several different style types.

Spiral-bound or not. I have been told that spiral bound is better for left-handers?? I am not left handed so sorry if that isn't the case.

Large or small.

Have a space for to do list. Do you want to have a separate notebook for to do lists or have it all in one?

Just a calendar or weekly/daily. Do you want to just have your monthly calendar or do you want to be able to fill it out per week and/or per day as well?

Best places to get planners

Target: I can never leave the stationary section without walking out with a new planner. They have a wide variety of styles, brands, sizes, and everything in between.

Barnes and Noble: I just love this store in general because of books, obviously. But, also they have some killer planners. And journals too if you need those.

Staples: this is just the go-to place for all things office supplies anyways. No surprise here.

Erin Condren (online): you can customize your planner here. It is on the pricier side, but definitely worth the investment if this is the style of planner you work best with!

Minted (online): super unique and one of a kind planners are found here.

This is a very basic guide, but one that I think will get you thinking about what kind will work best for you. Ultimately, it depends on your lifestyle and what is most comfortable for you!