12 Things I Wish I Knew Before Coming Into College

I wish someone had told me these before I came to college.
36

These are some of the things I wish I knew before I became a college student.

1. Life is going to change dramatically but for the better. It is time to move on and embrace the new opportunities.

2. It is okay to feel homesick. It is not a weakness. It is good to feel a need to want to be around your loved ones and keep the connection to your home strong. When you do feel homesick, call a parent, loved one, or friend. It will help!

3. Not all the people you meet will become your best friends. Do not have too much expectation. Some people will come into your life as a lesson to help you grow as a person. Just be yourself and have an open mind. The right people will find their way to you :)

4. You are going to meet a lot of new people that will be meant to stay with you and leave you. Do not get caught up with them. At the end of the day, it is all you. What you do for yourself is what will be reflected in your life. Keep the genuine people close and make no time for toxic relationships.

5. You will have some hard times but that is just life. It is okay to feel upset, down, or lost but always remember, it can't stay that way forever. Share your feelings with someone, do not keep them bottled up, it will make it worse. Understand that pain you feel is about to make way for a positive change in your life. Never lose hope.

6. Be careful! College is time where many people are trying new things. Be bold! But, be cautious, you know yourself better than anyone. Make decision for yourself.

7. You might get confused about what you want to do with your life in terms of your career and major. Honestly, do what you love. Be practical but also follow your heart. This life is yours and you deserve to do what makes you happy. Do not settle.

8. Love will come to you as it will. Do not wait around. Keep an open mind. Do not settle and be careful. Know what you want in a relationship.

9. Work really hard. Seriously. A social life is important and take time for that, but that means nothing if you are not producing the grades you need for success. Really respect your academics.

10. Never lose your relationship with family back home. They are your people. At the end of the day these are the people that will not leave your side. Keep them close and make them feel valued.

11. Be ready for all the change. From now on, life will be change. Some happy, some hard, and some painful. It is all just part of a bigger plan. Stay strong.

12. Lastly, enjoy college. Work hard, meet amazing people and trust me, you will find yourself and that will be an amazing feeling.

There is too much to be excited for so do not be sad about a chapter of your life closing,but get ready for the next one.