The Best Bee Gees Songs of all Time

7 Bee Gees Songs That Should Be On EVERY Playlist

Because we're all "Stayin Alive."

greghh2
greghh2
13

The Bee Gees were one of the most popular artists of the 20th century and one of the best-selling artists of all time, but are remembered almost exclusively for "Stayin Alive" today. Although "Stayin Alive" is without a doubt a masterpiece, the Bee Gees also produced many other magnum opuses throughout their careers. In fact, they have the perfect song for every occasion.

1. "Stayin' Alive"

This is what almost everyone remembers the Bee Gees for today, and it's no wonder why. It's definitely a disco song, but it's as uplifting and spiritual as a hymn. It perfectly sums up life in four and a half minutes-it's difficult, stressful and full of challenges, but through it all, you're stayin' alive. The chorus, especially the repetition of "Stayin Alive," gives you renewed and determination even in the hardest of times. The rest of the lyrics only reinforce the overarching theme of perseverance and give you more energy. No wonder it's the go-to CPR song. Whenever you're tired or stressed out, just play this song and let it reinvigorate and rejuvenate you.

2. "How Deep Is Your Love"

The most well-composed love song of all time executed to perfection. In stark contrast to modern pop music, this song dives into and explores the true meaning of love. In addition, it beautifully articulates love's ability to overcome anything and everything from pouring rain to fools. In a world increasingly obsessed with bodily glamour and pornography, it reminds listeners how pure, beautiful and powerful true, platonic love is. Listen to this with someone special in a moving vehicle or on a warm summer night and something magical happens.

3. "Night Fever"

Forty years later, it's still as catchy as ever. The lyrics and the Gibb Brothers' irreplaceable harmony are already enchanting, but the sound effects are second-to-none. It's a must-have for any party playlist and the perfect complement to a nighttime stroll through Times Square or a drive down Las Vegas Boulevard.

4. "Tragedy"

Because sometimes life is a tragedy. Like "Stayin Alive," this song is a must-have for challenging and stressful times. The truthfulness of the lyrics speaks to your soul, while the energy of the falsettos and heavy metal guitar solo energize and motivate you. It's a rock song that's also uplifting.

5. "Massachusetts"

A bittersweet, Beatles-esque ballad about homesickness, especially if you are from Massachusetts. If you're not from Massachusetts, just replace "Massachusetts" with a four-syllable name or nickname of your hometown and the song still works perfectly. It's only two minutes long, but in that time it touches your heart and beautifully articulates the warmth and comfort of Massachusetts (or wherever your home is). There really is no place like home.

6. "To Love Somebody"

Another Beatles-esque classic. It's short, simple and sweet, making it the perfect song for Valentine's day or a private moment with your special someone. Since it's so easy to learn, you can also sing it to anyone or anything that has significance to you, such as a family member or relative, your car, a prized possession, etc.

7. "Immortality" (featuring Celine Dion)

When you combine two of the best-selling artists of all time, you are almost guaranteed a masterpiece, and Immortality is exactly that. Every detail of this song is carefully crafted from the meticulous arrangement of voices to the emotion-packed lyrics. It's a mixture of emotions-hope, nostalgia, love, sadness, and determination all in one. This makes it extremely versatile-it is a fantastic love song and a fitting tribute to someone or something special. It's every bit as heart-wrenching as "My Heart Will Go On." In fact, it should have been used in "Titanic."

Although perhaps not as famous as the Beatles or Michael Jackson, the Bee Gees stand out with the variety of music they could compose. They could write songs that reflect every emotion and suit every mood. In fact, they are quite possibly the most versatile songwriters of all time.