Because we have no troubles, life is the bubbles!

When someone asks you why you love Disney, it really makes you think

10
facebook.com

Two weeks ago, I spent five fun filled days in the most magical place on earth—that’s right, I went back home to Disney World. My best friend was running the Wine and Dine half marathon and I went for moral support and because I really needed a break from reality. But right before I left for vacation, my brother asked me this question: “Why do you love Disney so much?”. It took me a little bit to form a decent response and it’s actually a question that’s been bugging me for the last 2 weeks. Why do I love Disney as much as I do? Is it the magic? Is it the people that I’ve met? Has it shaped me to become a better person? Well, I guess that’s the purpose of my article today; to tell you why I love Disney so much.

For a better part of my life, I did love Disney. I’ve owned almost every Disney movie that I could get on VHS and I enjoyed the movies a lot and I had only been to the parks when I was six years old. So after getting told about the Disney College Program, I was kind of cynical on being selected for it one I applied. What I didn’t realize was how waiting for over a month and then finally getting accepted was so nerve wracking, like I cared more about getting my little magical email saying “Congrats! Mickey wants you to work for him!” than the upcoming test that I had to take (which btw if anyone was wondering, I passed). It got so real the day that I had to leave and as I sat down in my plane seat, I started hysterically crying. Crying because I missed home, I missed the security of being home, the fact that I was never away from home in my life, that I was traveling to Florida by myself, anxiety, etc. This was all totally new to me. I never expected to go through the life changes that I went through down there. I never felt more lonely in the first few months that I was down there, I never felt so depressed to be away from home, I never felt so happy to be away from everyone, I never felt more love than when I met my (now ex) boyfriend, I never felt so happy with the friends that I spent my time with and the friends I made down there. So naturally after my program ended January 4th, 2013, I was heartbroken for leaving behind the life I started to make, to come back to the life I had. Things were different, people changed. I lost my best friend in August of 2012 and the first thing I did was come home and visit him, so he sees that I came back. Everything just felt different and I made everything work to the best of my ability. I’ve endured more BS in the last five years since my program but I always find a way to go back home.

So, why do I love Disney so much? I love Disney because it’s a break from the reality, and it’s a break from the daily grind. Before my vacation, I quit my job and accepted a new position at a local hospital, getting hands on experience in the medical field to help me further my education and dream of becoming a nurse. I’ve endured many family crisis, working hard and busting my behind in school and getting lack of sleep almost every single day. I love Disney because their movies move you, at least for me they do. “The Little Mermaid” taught me to explore life outside of “the kingdom” and that nothing should hold me back. Disney taught me to laugh and once in a while act like a child, be carefree, have no worries, get wrapped up in the magic of fantasy, etc. “Tangled” taught me to break out of my tower and find my new dream, even if I’m a ugly looking Viking who enjoys cupcakes and unicorns. It showed me that sometimes, life isn’t that bad and it could be a whole lot worse than what it is, it taught me not to take life so seriously and enjoy living in the moment and enjoy everything for what it’s worth. Disney taught me to never give up on a dream or any dreams for that matter. Disney is an escape from life for me where Tinkerbell can just sprinkle some pixie dust and everything will be okay. The minute I walked off the plane in Orlando two weeks ago, the first thing I said to my friend was that whatever problems that I had at home, just instantly lifted off my shoulders and the minute we touched down in New Jersey five days later, whatever came off my shoulders in Orlando, came right back on. Back to the daily grind, back to convincing myself that I loved my job, back to dealing with arguments and family drama.

Recently, I’ve been let go from my job of three months and while I’m upset and down about it, I have to go follow my new dream and run like hell with it because if I don’t, life will pass me by and I’ll regret not finding my new dream. That’s why I love Disney.