Beauty Guru's Listen Up!

Beauty Guru's Listen Up!

3
Beauty Guru's Listen Up!

Do you live in New York City? Are you in your 20s or 30s? Are you obsessed with beauty trends?

If you answered yes to any of those questions than I have the blog, Instagram, and soon to be App for YOU (And all your friends)!!

Look no further, Beautycliq has it all! Created in March 2016, Beautycliq is a developing company that aims to save you time, and provide you with pictures and reviews of beauty experiences in NYC.

I recently got to talk with my one of the Cofounders and my super cool cousin, Jane Yeager. She gave me the inside scoop on The Cliq! Read our interview below.

Anne: What inspired the idea for Beautycliq?

Jane: My Co-Founder Claire and I both felt since we moved to New York that there was a void in the beauty booking industry. There was nowhere we could go for reliable recommendations that were specific to us and the looks we were going for. For me, the last straw was when I booked a haircut through an app, and they gave me the wrong address for the salon. I was all the way down on the Lower East Side of Manhattan when I should have been on the Upper East!

Anne: Where do you hope the brand will be within the next year?

Jane: It's hard to predict the timeline of a company at our stage, but we're privately launching our beta on November 1st. This will test the product and show why it's so necessary for our users. After months of testing, we will be launching publicly. In a year, we hope to see Beautycliq helping women in New York find the perfect salons for their every need and occasion, while helping salon owners market their businesses. Win/win for everyone!

Anne: How often do you find people that are willing to step outside the comfort of their normal salons and try new ones?

Jane: We started Beautycliq because we realized the majority of women our age don't have go-to salons in New York. They've moved neighborhoods, they've bounced around, they usually go to Drybar and don't know where to go to get an actual haircut, they want to go somewhere close to work this time instead of close to their apartment, or they didn't like how their last highlights turned out. The women we know are busy and on-the-go and need a salon recommendation based on what works for them in the moment -- that's where we come in.

Anne: What is the biggest challenge you face as an entrepreneur?

Jane: There is an endless list of challenges I've faced as an entrepreneur, but the most difficult--and most important--is staying positive. There will always be naysayers and people who want to dissuade you from trying. These people are just projecting their own fears and insecurities on you, so don't let them bring you down! If you are passionate about your business, then you should pursue it.

Anne: What is the largest beauty trend currently?

Jane: With all the beauty vloggers out there now, beauty trends get so much bigger than they used to! Think strobing, baking, and, of course, Kylie's lip kits. What we've been excited about lately is the more mainstream focus on nail art. During NYFW, Rodarte featured these gorgeous glitter cuticles, which we loved because we're obsessed with the nail art boutiques in New York. Their attention to detail and cool, avant-garde designs are amazing.

Anne: Where do you find most of your own beauty inspiration?

Jane: From stalking New York salons' Instagram accounts! There are so many incredible artists in this city, and the best way to explore their work is on Instagram. I search specific salons, artists, or geotags all the time and marvel at a beautiful braid, bold unicorn hair, or an especially strong cat eye. Our product is actually picture-based (we always show a picture of your service when we recommend a salon), so it's now part of my daily routine.

Anne: What is your favorite thing to feature on the blog or the instagram?

Jane: There's no better feeling than receiving an after picture from a really happy client, whether it's hair, makeup, or nails. I love when a client gets exactly what they wanted, and we can tag the salon or stylist to let them know how talented and appreciated they are. That being said, as a part-time makeup artist myself, I'm really digging working on Halloween makeup ideas! That will be on the blog at the end of this week.

Check out their website here and don't forget to follow their Instagram: @beauty_cliq!

You will not be disappointed!!