Beauty and The Beast Is A Must See

Beauty and The Beast Is A Must See

Be our guest

15
Beauty and The Beast Is A Must See

On March 17, Disney released their live action remake of Beauty and the Beast. Emma Watson traded her wizarding wand for that infamous yellow ball gown starring as Belle and Dan Stevens portrayed the Beast. Their co-stars includes a myriad of beloved stars such as: Josh Gad, Emma Thompson, Luke Evans, Kevin Kline, Ewan McGregor, Ian McKellen, Audra McDonald, etc.

When remakes are made, many people are extremely skeptical of whether or not it will live up to the original. Despite the skepticism, there was also a ton of excitement for what was to come. Expectations were high and trust me when I say, they were met.

The cast

The cast is absolutely phenomenal. Every single person portrayed their character so well and really made you feel what they were feeling in the movie, especially Emma. There were a few parts in the movie where Emma got emotional and it truly brought tears to my eyes and I heard many sniffles throughout the movie. Excellent acting, I can't say enough about it.

The storyline

This is where the skepticism plays a big part when it comes to remakes. Will this movie follow the original story? Yes. This movie not only followed the original story extremely well but actually gave more detail to the story that the 1991 version did not. For example, we find out why they live in the town that they do, the Beast's background, and about Belle's mom. In Disney cartoon's, there is often one parent and the other is rarely spoken about. This live action expanded on some things that did not take away from the beloved original movie at all but added to it.

The visuals

The visuals were great in the film. In some movies, it feels almost too "green screeny" and it takes away from the film. But in Beauty and the Beast, it felt and looked real which only made the experience better.

According to CNNMoney, as of noon on Sunday, March 19 this movie has made $350 million worldwide in the box office. $170 million of that is in North America alone.

So if you are on the fence about whether or not you want to see Beauty and The Beast, I highly recommend that you do.