I Am Beautiful Because...

I Am Beautiful Because...

27363
I Am Beautiful Because...

Notice how I didn't say I am something because I am beautiful. Being beautiful does not make anyone special. It doesn't make a human being. Being beautiful amounts from flaws, from how you were raised, and what is inside of you.

Being called beautiful is not a skin deep compliment. Beauty is the mountain peak on the strong foundation of good character. I would rather be a beautiful person than be called just beautiful.

I grew up thinking I wasn't beautiful. If there wasn't a boy saying how pretty I was, was I? Yes, I was. I had so much more to offer than just a face or a body. I wasn't a doll. I was a human. I was a well-rounded young lady. It wasn't until I got older that I realized how all of my attributes combined to make me gorgeous. I do not need people telling me I'm beautiful because I know that I am. All girls need to know that they are beautiful. There is so much that makes us who we are, and being aesthetically pleasing contributes to none of it.

I know...

I am beautiful because I am strong.

I am beautiful because I am smart.

I am beautiful because I am empathetic.

I am beautiful because I am funny.

I am beautiful because I am a good friend.

I am beautiful because I laugh.

I am beautiful because I smile.

I am beautiful because I am optimistic.

I am beautiful because I love my family.

I am beautiful because I love myself.

I am beautiful because I care.

I am beautiful because I give back.

I am beautiful because I hug.

I am beautiful because I work through tears.

I am beautiful because I respect people.

I am beautiful because I respect my body.

I am beautiful because I was in marching band.

I am beautiful because I am a leader.

I am beautiful because I won't be defined.

I am beautiful because I am stubborn.

I am beautiful because of my flaws.

I am beautiful because... I am myself. And that is all I want to be.