Beautiful And Rare Words (Pt. 2)

Beautiful And Rare Words (Pt. 2)

For all my fellow lovers-of-words, here are 10 for you to fall in love with

32
Words

Discovering new words is probably better described as a hobby or passion, but it has steadily become an addiction for me. While I have legit been meaning to write another article since my first did amazingly, I haven't been able to pull myself away from the thrill of finding and collecting unique words. Whether it's the sound of the word itself or the meaning it holds, these lost words are still unique today.

EloquenceKerri Caldwell

Eloquence

{English} (n.) fluent or persuasive speaking or writing

LalocheziaKerri Caldwell

Lalochezia

{Greek} (v.) The emotional relief gained by emitting vulgar or indecent words

RedamancyKerri Caldwell

Redamancy

{English} (n.) an act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full

TsundokuKerri Caldwell

Tsundoku

{Japanese} (n.) the act of buying books and not reading them; letting books pile up unread on shelves

OnismKerri Caldwell

Onism

{English} (n.) the awareness of how little of the world you'll experience

EunoiaKerri Caldwell

Eunoia

{English} (n.) beautiful thinking; a well mind

MuditaKerri Caldwell

Mudita

{Pāli, Sanskrit} (n.) taking delight in the happiness of others, vicarious joy

KomorebiKerri Caldwell

Komorebi

{Japanese} (n.) sunlight filtering through trees

FernwehKerri Caldwell

Fernweh

{German} (n.) a longing to travel, missing a place you've never been

MerakiKerri Caldwell

Meraki

{Greek} (v.) to do something with soul, creativity, or love; when you leave a piece of yourself in your work